Cables to a lighting harness?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tommy Bentley

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all! 

I'm new here and really don't have a clue what I'm doing. 

I removed my sub, amp, head unit, speakers and all cables from my old car today but had to cut two cables... They were attached to a cable in my rear lighting harness and I don't know what to do with them when I put everything back in my new car. 

They run to the sub (which is active) so presumably they are live cables. The thing is, why the lighting harness? Why not somewhere else? And also, why one to the harness on the left and also to the one on the right? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Tommy 

could be that the wires were used as a remote turn-on signal (since some lighting circuits have voltage when the car is on and are triggered by a grounding pin).  certainly, it's unlikely it was a good idea at the time.   you wanted to pay attention to where they went (what specific connection on the amp), but that is something to remember for next time. 

remove the old cables entirely, back to the rear harness.  insulate the factory wiring with electrical tape where you remove the connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.