C2 Audio 1000 Watt RMS prototype

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I personally answer lots of calls and emails here and one of my most common questions is "When will C2 Audio offer a 1000 watt RMS Sub?" and the answer is simple.... I am working on it :) she is still a prototype but I can tell you it will be labeled as a 1000 watt rms sub, it will offer a High Temp 3" Coil, have decent size motor with lots of BL and will offer more than any other woofer in same target price. This woofer is designed to work for Both street use and Competition. We are overkilling a few things (Like Dual Flat Woven Tinsels leads PER terminal with direct lead option, Super High Temp Adhesives on Everything, Bolt Down Spider Pack with Dual Spiders and Drilled magnet slugs with threaded bottom plate to bolt the entire motor structure to the frame, NOT just a bolt down top plate and glued slugs like almost every other woofer on the market!) This insures in extreme heat conditions everything stays perfectly aligned! She will be a monster for people competing in events like Bass Race that require a woofer to withstand torture over and over again without failure. She will be available in 12", 15" and 18" (with Different Basket). We are still playing around with with the coil (The 3" CCA Coil with same winding height increases sensitivity but lowers FS) The TS Specs on this 12" prototype with our 3" Copper coil are:

T/S Parameters:

12" 1000 Watt Prototype Dual 4 Ohm

FS: 36.6 Hz

VAS: 35 L

QES: .482

QMS: 3.944

QTS: .429

BL: 30.971

MMS: 335.08 g

SENS: 85.4 DB

2isgra1.jpg

14c7811.jpg

n3adeo.jpg

2h4vrea.jpg

21n3ajl.jpg

And before you ask....I'm shooting for a $199 price tag on this woofer. Still have plenty of testing to go underway but that's the price I want for this woofer.

--Chris

We are still testing this woofer out. D2 and D4 options will be available. I've been looking into 18"s in this series, just finalizing designs to get the prototypes on the way. And, I'd like to see these woofers in hand by April-May but theres plenty more testing to do.

--Chris

We are still testing this woofer out. D2 and D4 options will be available. I've been looking into 18"s in this series, just finalizing designs to get the prototypes on the way. And, I'd like to see these woofers in hand by April-May but theres plenty more testing to do.
--Chris
Im sure Spooney and I would be VERY interested in doing a Review for you on the subs?Id enjoy it,and Im sure he would too.Just throwing that out there at ya,to get some real folks to give theyre opinions,and testing reviews of your subs as well for other members to consider.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 12s would be perfect on my end

Im sure Spooney and I would be VERY interested in doing a Review for you on the subs?Id enjoy it,and Im sure he would too.Just throwing that out there at ya,to get some real folks to give theyre opinions,and testing reviews of your subs as well for other members to consider.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 12s would be perfect on my end
same here if at all possible

I personally answer lots of calls and emails here and one of my most common questions is "When will C2 Audio offer a 1000 watt RMS Sub?" and the answer is simple.... I am working on it :) she is still a prototype but I can tell you it will be labeled as a 1000 watt rms sub, it will offer a High Temp 3" Coil, have decent size motor with lots of BL and will offer more than any other woofer in same target price. This woofer is designed to work for Both street use and Competition. We are overkilling a few things (Like Dual Flat Woven Tinsels leads PER terminal with direct lead option, Super High Temp Adhesives on Everything, Bolt Down Spider Pack with Dual Spiders and Drilled magnet slugs with threaded bottom plate to bolt the entire motor structure to the frame, NOT just a bolt down top plate and glued slugs like almost every other woofer on the market!) This insures in extreme heat conditions everything stays perfectly aligned! She will be a monster for people competing in events like Bass Race that require a woofer to withstand torture over and over again without failure. She will be available in 12", 15" and 18" (with Different Basket). We are still playing around with with the coil (The 3" CCA Coil with same winding height increases sensitivity but lowers FS) The TS Specs on this 12" prototype with our 3" Copper coil are:
T/S Parameters:

12" 1000 Watt Prototype Dual 4 Ohm

FS: 36.6 Hz

VAS: 35 L

QES: .482

QMS: 3.944

QTS: .429

BL: 30.971

MMS: 335.08 g

SENS: 85.4 DB

2isgra1.jpg

14c7811.jpg

n3adeo.jpg

2h4vrea.jpg

21n3ajl.jpg

And before you ask....I'm shooting for a $199 price tag on this woofer. Still have plenty of testing to go underway but that's the price I want for this woofer.

--Chris
Nice, so what will the "Pre Order" price look like on the 18? just curious because im starting a 2 18 build around tax time

Haven't decided on any other product reviews at this time as the prototype is still in the works. I'm not saying its out of the question....just not decided yet. Plus, I've made a few changes to the V2 so i'm awaiting parts to rebuild and continue testing. Just to clarify, I'm looking to have the V2 ready around April / May time. The 18" prototype hasn't arrived yet so I don't have a time frame announce yet.

--Chris

Check out this quick video of the C2 Audio 1K Prototype woofer powered by a DC Audio 3.5K. We are running at 2 ohms and clamping a little over 2K. I can't wait to shoot a video in daylight so you can really see her in action!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date