Bypassing parking brake wire on Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I ordered the 12v relay and I know how to wire it and everything. I have the diagram, I just realized I don't have any extra wire that is specifically made for the job to do it. I was wondering if I could just use some 12gauge speaker wire I have laying around to connect the relay to the harness?? Or would this result in a fire hazard or shorting something out? Thanks and I apologize if this is a stupid question.

You can use it, but I would recommend going down and getting some 12 to 14 gauge colored or non colored wire from a parts store. A few bucks at most. The colored wire makes it esier when you have to go back in a mess around; you know by the color whether something power, ground, continuous power, or remote power.The speaker wire you have on hand will not cause a fire hazard as long as everything is wired correctly of course.

16 gauge should be fine IMO and make surez you have plenty of female quick disconnects (insulated preferably). I put a quick disconnect on the remote turn-on to amp wire - otherwise you'd have a non-disconnectable wire from your HU to amp that'd you'd have to crimp in the car. Insulated side on the from-relay wire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif. and good choice on HU.

Pioneerparkingbrakebypassjp.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.