Buying online and installing at local shop questions???

perferd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
windsor
So I am wondering does bringing in your gear to have installed by a shop effect the workmanship vs buying from them to install?

I would guess if they dont carry the brand it wouldnt change. However if your gear was the same then they might feel a little different.

Maybe bridging the gap would be at least buying something from them and having them install it all?

The only difference is they may charge more to install equipment that they didnt sell you.

And they probably wont warranty their work on non authorized products (although a respectable company should and would)

hmmm that puts me in a tough spot. I cant do it myself but I dont want to pay hundreds more per item...
What are you getting? Might be something you can do on your own.

Most in our area refuse to install anything not purchased at the store. As far as I know, we are one of the only exceptions..mainly because we are not a focused retail store.

What are you getting? Might be something you can do on your own.
Most in our area refuse to install anything not purchased at the store. As far as I know, we are one of the only exceptions..mainly because we are not a focused retail store.
Not really sure what the other posts were about lol...

I am getting a new HU Amp and Component set along with install...Alpine HU Arc Audio Amp and Image Dynamics Components...

At my shop we will install anything the customer brings in whether we sold it or not. Depending on the installation required there may a small increase in labor. This is the thing though, if you have an issue with the product, and it's the product, you won't be taken care of in shop. I don't do it, but some shops will also report to the manufacturer any product that was sold online if that shop is the (or one of the) authorized dealers in the area (w/ serial number so they can track the shop/distributor of origin). Know, that's kind of crappy, but just beware.

Are you in Windsor, CT?

Not really sure what the other posts were about lol...
I am getting a new HU Amp and Component set along with install...Alpine HU Arc Audio Amp and Image Dynamics Components...
With a little help from people here you should be able to do it, the HU install gets very simple when you don't have speakers hooked to it.

I am sure there are a ton of things I need to do this whole install that I have no idea what they are or how they work...

Take the Time, ask questions Install it yourself... Learn how to do these things, will save you a ton of money in the long run... Also alot of shops DO Crap installs and charge way to much... Its a toss of the dice on a good shop now days, most don't care how its done as long as they turn their profit.. Its a little overwhelming at first but just start asking questions and someone will walk you through it... just ignore the crap that people will say and follow what people are trying to help you with...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.