Buying a Table Saw at Sear's today:Need help please

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
I will be purchasing a table saw from sears today with sears card and I would like to hear yall opinions on the best table saw for the money.Im pretty new to box building so after building my last box I feel like I need a table saw to make perfect cuts. So I was wondering if you guys could recommend me one in the 100-300 price range and for what features should I look for. I am building a box for a DD sub 9515g and the box im building calls for 7 degree cuts and 45 degree angle cuts so I need a table saw that can do this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

BigSix.....

Look for one that is solid on all fours and won't wobble when you apply some push to it. Also look for a good rip fence that will stay in place and not move when you lock it down. Over weight helps (e.g. the heavier it is the less it will flex). Cast iron is a plus.

don't mean to threadjack - but I got a Home Depot card and was gonna go out there to pick up a table saw too..has anyone dealt with any of their table saws from their?

this thing is gangster...i think i'm save up for a new one...(i have a skilsaw one atm...does ok) but this right here niqqa...lol even come with built in router table and mounting kit....

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00921829000P?vName=Tools&cName=Bench+%26+Stationary+Power+Tools&sName=Table+Saws

00921829000-1

folds up too:

009_21829_3_Final

edit...just noticed your price range...this is a little out of it

In the neighborhood of $500-$600. It's relatively quiet too, nice balanced feel to it.
very nice setup dude, I think that one is at home depot for sure. I'm with you on the size - I need something a little bigger than the standard and this looks perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BigSix

10+ year member
Whippin the Bass
BigSix
Austin,Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date