Buyer/seller beware Wirenut495

hellz
10+ year member

He paid $150 for my Samsung galaxy tab through Paypal.

I sent him the tab after receiving payment.

Tab was boxed up in a very padded box and shipped with $200 insurance.

Bout a week of owning it, he says there is a crack/chip on the display.

He refused to send me any pics of the damage, and has not replied to any PM's.

About 1 to 1.5 weeks later (today) he filed a claim with PayPal for 1/2 the payment refund ($75)

I get 2 separate money requests from him each for $75

The tab was 9/10 condition when shipped, and have the pics to prove it. I uploaded pics already to PayPal and disputed the claim. So we will see within 30 days.

I'm not saying he is a scammer..yet.. Just putting this out there incase someone is about to do business with him. I will update this when there is a resolution.

Here is a link with pic of the tab when I put it up for sale

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/551175-wtt-samsung-galaxy-tab-sch-1800-16-gig-verizon-3g.html

Funny, no damage on it in those pics

idk buddy you only have 61 post? but i would like to see his pics also
well im not straight out calling him a scammer.. just saying anyone doing business beware. with his refusal to answer my PMs, or send pics of the damaged device.. i got no recourse but to think that it is a scam.. im not worried on my end.. i will let PP resolve this.. but the next guy who might be doing business with him right now might appreciate the heads up..

ya sorry im not a post *****.. 61 posts in over 2 years of being on this site... checking it daily, even while deployed.. guess ill start posting garbage to get my P count up.

so this situation got resolved yesterday.

after over a month of Wirenut trying to get 1/2 the sale price back because he claims the device was damaged.

Paypal originally ruled in his favor and was going to refund the full amount, but he failed to send the device back within the time frame.

Paypal refunded the money back to me and closed the case.

anyone doing any future business with WireNut495.

Make sure he sends the payment as a gift.

he was fast to send the payment, he is just a shady person to sell to.

i know for a fact the device was not damaged, but he claimed this so he could get some of his money back.

he failed to send me any pics of the device after he recieved it, nor did he provide any pics to Paypal.

so expect him to do the same to you if you do business with him.

CYA (cover your ***)

now to spend this $$$ before paypal changes their mind

well now i see what is going on here, yes the tab did have a crack in the screen why would i say it did if it didnt i was ready to send the item back but my wife said its no so bad see if we can get a discount and get it fixed ourselves( which we did do) and now this person thinks they can drag my name thru the mud because he didnt pack the item well enough to insure no damage came to it nice try but i wished i would have known you were disrespecting me on here( where i am a new person) because i would have just sent it back to you, then maybe you wouldnt mind eating all these scammer comments you have made about me (make sure to use lots of salt and ketchup)

you wont even have to worry about you and i ever having any dealings again, i assure you as for anyone else on the forum believe what you would like i still have the tab with a new screen ( i paid for) so if this guy was in the wrong who is the real scammer?

BACK FROM THE DEAAAAADD!

dont know what happened between you two and dont care. But if he told you he had insured the tablet through the shipping company why would you not provide pictures to begin with and allow the shipping company to pay for the damaged item? Idk, just makes more sense to me then paying to fix it yourself..

well now i see what is going on here, yes the tab did have a crack in the screen why would i say it did if it didnt i was ready to send the item back but my wife said its no so bad see if we can get a discount and get it fixed ourselves( which we did do) and now this person thinks they can drag my name thru the mud because he didnt pack the item well enough to insure no damage came to it nice try but i wished i would have known you were disrespecting me on here( where i am a new person) because i would have just sent it back to you, then maybe you wouldnt mind eating all these scammer comments you have made about me (make sure to use lots of salt and ketchup)you wont even have to worry about you and i ever having any dealings again, i assure you as for anyone else on the forum believe what you would like i still have the tab with a new screen ( i paid for) so if this guy was in the wrong who is the real scammer?
the fact that it took you nearly a year to respond to the threat doesn't really do much in your favor. At this time, it was pointless for you to respond and bring it up again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hellz

10+ year member
hellz
Burnsville,mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views