Burned Coils

dking_boss
10+ year member

i have or shall I say had two Orion HCCA dual voice coil 4 ohms subs wired @ 1ohm to and Orion HCCA D5000, 2500w rms and 5000w peak. Everything was working fine for the longest after I got my car from the shop from getting somebody work done, two days later the coils were completely burned. I don't have a clue as what could have done this, any help is greatly appreciated.

Clipped ? Yes your subs must have blown because your amp lacked power... the body shop probably messed up your grounds..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

CT Sound made a name for themselves a few years back selling a bunch of amps that caught on fire. By my estimation the fist thing you should be...
It mostly comes down to weight. You can have a super lightweight cone, soft suspension and aluminum coil on a sub and you pretty much get a pro...
Deff be a disaster and quite a shame blowing a freshly repaired amplifier in a few min.LOL. Id be very upset for sure. id recommend the wiring...
Lower the ohm the thicker the wire. The higher the ohm the thinner the wire but will have more windings. Lower ohm coils have a slight edge when...

About this thread

dking_boss

10+ year member
dking_boss
Sierra Vista, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from