Bullet Proof Glass Enclosure?!?!?

allanluberda143
10+ year member

michigan
I just recieved a decent amount of bullet proof glass, and i have 2 15" l7 subs with no box. I have decided to make an awsome box out of it (sealed), but would it work, my boss said to me...

"if your sealing it, how will the sound get out...its 1" bulletproof glass"

That made me think, is there a such thing a TOO dense? or ....

is denser even better?

will a bullet proof glass box sound even better then wood? and will it hit harder?

or will it be too good and not allow any sound from getting out? (NO I DONT LIKE PORTED BOXS SON DONT THINK ABOUT IT)

ONE MORE QUESTION,

if i buy an amp that is 4 ohm stable, and lets say i throw a 1 ohm load on it(my l7's wired in a parelle) will my amp still handle it? does 4 ohm mean 4 ohms and under or 4 ohms only???

whats a good amp that would power

x2 15" s15l7 kicker subs? at 4ohms a coil? (dvc)

and what wiring should i use?

That stuff will be fine. A wooden sealed box isn't designed to let sound "out", either. And no, a 4 ohm stable amp wont do 1 ohm...get 2 dual 4 ohm subs, and wire each in series, then wire em in parallel to the amp.

That stuff will be fine. A wooden sealed box isn't designed to let sound "out", either. And no, a 4 ohm stable amp wont do 1 ohm...get 2 dual 4 ohm subs, and wire each in series, then wire em in parallel to the amp.

so u say bulletproof would be SUPERIOR (CANT SPELL SHUT UP!) to a wooden box? so b proof is good ? =-) or even great?

the sound pressure comes from the cone of the sub moving, FYI. The sealed air inside the box acts as a suspension for the cone so the sub doesn't bottom out, so you want it air tight, with no flex for maximum efficiency (energy is wasted when it is spent flexing a box). I think the glass (more likely lexan or similar) is going to weigh a whole lot more than a wooden box, and not give you any better noticeable performance for the extra hassle of building it. But if you really want a clear box, go for it.

If it really is bullet proof "glass," as in, lexan sandwiched between layers of glass, then good luck cutting multiple sandwiched layers of glass...

nahh its like a plastic type material its not as hard to work with, the only difference is when u cut it u gotta go slow or it will chip the edges....and yes it will weigh alot more but over all it will look bad ass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.