Buck at 3/28/2014

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
I have very unfortunately been sick for the past few weeks with my IBS. I may have nerve damage from back surgery I had a couple years ago. Just in a lot of pain consistently. It's very difficult for me to design in this state I'm currently in. I've also had an ear infection for 6 months now, may have to have surgery on my left ear. This may also be contributing to my nausea because your ears orient your body position. So it's like I'm seasick (or feeling hungover) every morning and it stays like that or gets worse as the day goes on.

I have to talk about how this affects me personally. I absolutely hate being sick like this, but it's my life. It's a seesaw effect basically. I get well, then sick, then well, then sick. It's been this way since I had back surgery in march 2012. I'm at the point in my life where I have researched and been to sooo many doctors and there still are many more to come.

Designing means the world to me, I absolutely love it. I know this isn't necessarily true but I feel like I let people down, even though I can't control my symptoms for the most part. I try to manage my activities closely but it's just no use really, it's a beast that abides by no rules that I'm fighting. I'm just kind of along for the ride, like a trailer being tossed around on a truck in a high speed pursuit.

I'm getting more and more nauseated as I type this. I just want to ask the people of the forum to know that I'm not intentionally ignoring you. As much as this hurts my ego or whatever, I ask that maybe you pray for me. It's difficult to live life like this, I hope none of you have to go what I have. There is no official diagnosing, as in they can't just do surgery and it will be over. I've just passed the threshold of pain and nausea that I can handle.

So hopefully I can get back to designing soon and find a way to manage my situation better. Wish me luck!

***Edit- I'm moving houses as well very soon, so my internet won't be ready until after I move and then I have to wait for Comcast and their terrible customer service

Last edited by a moderator:
I have very unfortunately been sick for the past few weeks with my IBS. I may have nerve damage from back surgery I had a couple years ago. Just in a lot of pain consistently. It's very difficult for me to design in this state I'm currently in. I've also had an ear infection for 6 months now, may have to have surgery on my left ear. This may also be contributing to my nausea because your ears orient your body position. So it's like I'm seasick (or feeling hungover) every morning and it stays like that or gets worse as the day goes on.
I have to talk about how this affects me personally. I absolutely hate being sick like this, but it's my life. It's a seesaw effect basically. I get well, then sick, then well, then sick. It's been this way since I had back surgery in march 2012. I'm at the point in my life where I have researched and been to sooo many doctors and there still are many more to come.

Designing means the world to me, I absolutely love it. I know this isn't necessarily true but I feel like I let people down, even though I can't control my symptoms for the most part. I try to manage my activities closely but it's just no use really, it's a beast that abides by no rules that I'm fighting. I'm just kind of along for the ride, like a trailer being tossed around on a truck in a high speed pursuit.

I'm getting more and more nauseated as I type this. I just want to ask the people of the forum to know that I'm not intentionally ignoring you. As much as this hurts my ego or whatever, I ask that maybe you pray for me. It's difficult to live life like this, I hope none of you have to go what I have. There is no official diagnosing, as in they can't just do surgery and it will be over. I've just passed the threshold of pain and nausea that I can handle.

So hopefully I can get back to designing soon and find a way to manage my situation better. Wish me luck!

Praying for you man! You will be alright man

Man that ***** im sorry to hear that, I have some bad nerve pain in my lower back due to a fracture, and ulcertive colitis so I due really feel your pain more then most. Rest up and heal up as best you can

Man that ***** im sorry to hear that, I have some bad nerve pain in my lower back due to a fracture, and ulcertive colitis so I due really feel your pain more then most. Rest up and heal up as best you can
I had a ruptured L5 disk. Almost couldn't walk before surgery. We now think my ability to use the restroom is being worsened by possible nerve damage.

I had some really good traits about me, and then some really bad ones. Frankly, it's debilitating. I turn 22 in 2 days, and for the past 2 years and been nothing but hell for me. Off and on sickness and it's relentless and unpredictable.

Taylor ur the man it really pisses me off when awesome ppl get dealt cards like this ..i know u will fight thru it best u can and hope and pray one day u can get it to a level of toleration. We're here for ya either way ..get well

**** dude u r to young to have to go through all that, i hope u do vet better soon, we will be praying for u.

Taylor ur the man it really pisses me off when awesome ppl get dealt cards like this ..i know u will fight thru it best u can and hope and pray one day u can get it to a level of toleration. We're here for ya either way ..get well
Totally agree

I'm still in a bad state right now. I'm not doing any designs at the moment. I may have to go out of state, idk. Just too much body problems to concentrate on designs.

Might have to have ear surgery too. Dude my health has gone sour. It's a vicious cycle of being sick and then better and then you get your hopes up and they you get sick again. Ugh, it's nuts.

I'm going to a countless amount of doctors, trying different meds, blah blah. I hate losing box designs.

Might have to have ear surgery too. Dude my health has gone sour. It's a vicious cycle of being sick and then better and then you get your hopes up and they you get sick again. Ugh, it's nuts.
I'm going to a countless amount of doctors, trying different meds, blah blah. I hate losing box designs.
Hoping you feel better and healthier soon.

Praying for you man. **** I didn't know this was going on man. I PM'd you few days ago and was wondering what happen to you. Take care and will work on the next 4th order when you get better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date