Brutus BRX3016.1d compaired to Twisted Sounds/Skar/Cresendo/......

Exxtreme

Vegas
So I have a question that seems no one will answer.

We all know Zeus amps are way over rated... by about 50%. I've built a ton of systems with Zeus and they sound great... I just know to go with double the amp size to get what I want.

Now on to Brutus. I was planning on building a very nice budget build in my winter car. I figured I can easily run (2) BRX3016.1d.... and maybe have a nice solid 4,000 watts clean power to subs....

With that said... Alot of people have snubbed there nose at me when I talk about the Brutus 3000 Watt amp.

Of coarse the answer I always hear is... Why not go with... AA, Crescendo, Skar, Twisted Sounds, there are about 7 amps in that price range from $650-$850 But we all know I can do 2 Hifonics Brutus for $550...

So my question. And I have professionally installed for years, and have been installing all together for over 25 years. (so yes, I have high output alternator, multiple batteries)

We all know class D amps are not the most accurate.

I understand the higher end amps may use better boards, capacitors..... but is it an audible difference? Has anyone ever used a Brutus and compared it to one of the other brands and really noticed a difference?

Looking for real hands on experience.

So, I just spoke with Hifonics for about an hour and got the answer I was looking for......

If your building the system for music, perfect choice.

If your building the system for test tones (competing) Not a good choice.

They do have there Super Amp line that consists of 2 amps. Colossus and Goliath. It makes sense that both of those amps are almost double the cost of the Brutus, while still being 3000 watt amps. Your paying for regulated power supplies that can handle the demand of test tones, and increased quality of internal components.

If your looking for cheap power Brazilian is hard to beat. The older 06 model brutus where ok amps but since quality has been dropping. You could get a taramps hd8000 used around 550-650. They will clamp around 5k wired to 1ohm. The brutus amps might make 2k each rising to 1ohm but wont last long wired low enough to get the 2k clamped.

Just got my brx2400.1 hooked up and it sounds pretty good. I did the same thing and went with double amp and have my gain around 50% and my sa-15 gets loud at 2 ohms and sounds pretty good. Though I have heard the amps ending in 16 are lower quality than the ones before them. I would go one model older or a brz

I had 2 sundown SA 12"s on a hifonix 2400 and it slammed harder than I ever imagined it would. It was a Zeus or Brutus - they've earned my respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never.... ever been disappointed with any system I've built using Hifonics. Like I said I've just learned to always go double what I need in the Zeus line.

I was really just trying to find what people consider a step above for just a little more... no one has ever answered. So on my own.... I have decided....

Doing tons and tons of research... Twisted sounds is my choice for a step up for a little more money. If I'm not going to compete I am completely happy with the Brutus line... If I want to compete... The twisted sounds is just on top of there game. Everyone out here in Vegas are using with no complaints. If you look at there fuse ratings... the 3500 watt needs a 500amp fuse... I was thinking... ok they are just saying that... then watched there amp dynoed... and it put out 5,000 watts. So Ive decided... budget non competition systems I will always use Hifonics. If I do want to compete, I will go Twisted Sounds. After about 80 Hours research.

I've never.... ever been disappointed with any system I've built using Hifonics. Like I said I've just learned to always go double what I need in the Zeus line. I was really just trying to find what people consider a step above for just a little more... no one has ever answered. So on my own.... I have decided....

Doing tons and tons of research... Twisted sounds is my choice for a step up for a little more money. If I'm not going to compete I am completely happy with the Brutus line... If I want to compete... The twisted sounds is just on top of there game. Everyone out here in Vegas are using with no complaints. If you look at there fuse ratings... the 3500 watt needs a 500amp fuse... I was thinking... ok they are just saying that... then watched there amp dynoed... and it put out 5,000 watts. So Ive decided... budget non competition systems I will always use Hifonics. If I do want to compete, I will go Twisted Sounds. After about 80 Hours research.
they got their information wrong completely wrong. As a former brutus user and having plenty of experience with them... they are very low tier performing amps for music setups and competition setups both. Maxsonics try to say that sh*t because they still want you to buy their amp and their BS marketing worked.

My own experiences, with two brx 2400s, it made noise thought it sounded okay. supposedly around "4000" watts after taking their overratedness into consideration. Swapped to a DC audio 3.5k and the difference was day and night. not only louder but MUCH better quality sounding bass, leaps and bounds ahead. The brutus amps had a severe drop below 30hz even though i didnt even use any subsonic filter. With the DC audio I actually heard and felt the lows rather than hearing the subs just die out at low notes. Bass everywhere else was fuller sounding. Basically felt like from a prefab to a custom ported. supposedly 4800 watts vs a 3500 watt amp and gets destroyed in every way possible especially the sound quality. What does that tell you?

Another recent backstory, I put up a brutus 2200 against an audiopipe 1500 in a direct swap on a skar zvx 18 in my buddy's explorer. The audio pipe was in every way louder than the brutus, cleaner sounding and played deep bass notes while the hifonics suffered the same drop off below 30hz even tho the box was tuned at 28hz. With the audiopipe he played down to 23hz fine with authority. Did i mention the audiopipe was at 20% gain while the brutus had to be at 70% in order to even get 70% as loud as the audiopipe.

Just because you guys never had better doesnt mean that the hifonics is a good budget amp, I used to trash on audiopipe but after seeing it perform Irl with actual swaps and tests, I've concluded that its a much better budget amp than a hifonics can ever dream of.

Both of those chinese amps dont hold a candle to any amp made in korea or brazil though.

So your the first to speak up and answer what my question was.

You used a Brutus and swapped to a AudioPipe and loved the difference.

That's what I started this thread for. I don't get paid by and of the company's. I have to work hard for the money to spend on an amp. And when we can come together and talk about personal experience on what out performed the other in a straight up swap. We can all benefit from our experiences. Everyone on this Forum has had multiple amps. And we all know what out performed the other.

So your the first to speak up and answer what my question was.You used a Brutus and swapped to a AudioPipe and loved the difference.

That's what I started this thread for. I don't get paid by and of the company's. I have to work hard for the money to spend on an amp. And when we can come together and talk about personal experience on what out performed the other in a straight up swap. We can all benefit from our experiences. Everyone on this Forum has had multiple amps. And we all know what out performed the other.
yeah sorry i didnt see this thread earlier, Must have gotten buried under all the John Kuthe fail threads...

So your the first to speak up and answer what my question was.You used a Brutus and swapped to a AudioPipe and loved the difference.

We all work hard for our hobby. Nothing is ever handed to us...unless the person is sponsored.

And if you do enough reading.... Sponsorship isn't all its cracked up to be.

I'm just saying, the more we share, the more it helps keep all of us involved in the sport.

So many of us keep all our helpful information to ourselves. We have all been guilty. We have all built amazing systems, and when someone asks what's in the truck.... wanted to keep it a secret.

Jeff I have heard multiple people say they liked the Audiopipe better than the Hifonics.... I've also heard Audiopipe's quality is going down... and it was really one specific amp that everyone loved.. it was a much larger one I wanna say like 4000 watts. What model of audiopipe did you use? Was it a current model... or older model?

And if you do enough reading.... Sponsorship isn't all its cracked up to be.
I'm just saying, the more we share, the more it helps keep all of us involved in the sport.

So many of us keep all our helpful information to ourselves. We have all been guilty. We have all built amazing systems, and when someone asks what's in the truck.... wanted to keep it a secret.

Jeff I have heard multiple people say they liked the Audiopipe better than the Hifonics.... I've also heard Audiopipe's quality is going down... and it was really one specific amp that everyone loved.. it was a much larger one I wanna say like 4000 watts. What model of audiopipe did you use? Was it a current model... or older model?
It was the apcl line.

if you can get an apk, thats made in korea, on should be close to on par with a lot of korean amps.

Gotta correct you bud, SPONSORSHIP is amazing... my buddy sponsored by alphard/XS Power got not only everything dirt cheap but a lot of free subs tweets etc... as well. basically paid 1/3 the price of everything if you include in all the free stuff he got towards his out of pocket costs.

You need to compete and put up big numbers and bring stuff to the table first though. This is a legit sponsorship, not those weak mainstream sponsorships. He basically got over 15k retail worth of stuff for around 4.5 grand.

You are comparing chinese to korean. Truth be told, Hifonics are very marginal compared to any korean amp.

I ran a Brutus years ago, and it was power hungry. It made plenty of noise, but I swapped to the original aq3500 and never looked back. Ive used aq, dd, audio legion, sundown,powerbass (zenon one)...hifonics doesnt compare to any of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Exxtreme

Exxtreme
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
kr15