Brother's Christmas Present... ***PIX***

ZOMG, not a T-line here either. Just a box with a really large external port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

dual-woofTLB.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

It doesn't really matter if you guys think it isn't a "true" TL, that's how it'll perform, just try and model it as a ported box and see how far you get.

iirc the port opening area of a T-Line enclosure matches the Sd of the woofer. so depending on how big the vent/box starts out at some ports are tapered down to size.
Yep, but not all are.

From what I understand, t-lines can either taper down from the mouth, taper down to the mouth, or be the same throughout.... though I've never designed one myself, this is just from the reading I've done so far
Right. They don't actually have to taper, but the point of the enclosure is to slow the rear wave down significantly so that it goes from completely out of phase to back in phase with the front wave by the time it emerges. Usually you fill it with some form of batting to slow it down even further, although you don't have to if it's long enough. JBL's enclosure here does not appear to be a true TL, but a ported enclosure without a pressure chamber. It should work around the same way, however.

It doesn't really matter if you guys think it isn't a "true" TL, that's how it'll perform, just try and model it as a ported box and see how far you get.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Beangoh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.