Brooklyn, New York

Fuel37
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anyone from Brooklyn, New York?

I got a problem with a guy that ripped me off $375... Need someone to break legs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bought an alpine deck from him on ebay and sent him a money order (which i confirmed he recieved) and never recieved the item. Now ebay is saying they can't do anything and the post office won't do anything.

Contact the local police authority, Attorney Generel's office(Eliot Spitzer) and the better business bureau as well. Just do a yahoo search for a precint with his zip code to get the number. Have you heard anything from the guy that ripped you off? Maybe it is just a misunderstanding? But dont hesitate, email him and tell him that you are going to file a report with the police, Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals Office. If he does not respond within a day or two, then file the complaints.

Thats' no fun though and i still don't get any of my money back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but yeah it's not a misunderstanding

the guy made his ebay feedback private and ebay told me that his account was closed because it was stolen by someone and the item i bought was posted without the account owners permission.

You might still get your money back. You can always go to small claims court and you will win for sure. Contact the places i told you. They will be your best bet for getting anything back. That is why i always like to pay via Credit Card, all i have to do is charge back if there is a problem.

Thats to bad about what happened. But I really dont think anyone is going to go to brooklyn and do something for you.
and that's whats wrong with the world today.

no one will ever help you out... but they'll rip you off in two seconds

that's not fair... the same people who won't "ever help you out" aren't necessarily the same people who will "rip you off in two seconds". i'm not sure anyone really understands what you want. i'm sure you don't actually want someone to injure the prick in question (not very realistic, and not many people would want to risk the confrontation), so what should they do?

why don't you take the above advice regarding contacting NY's attorney general? sounds like an excellent place to start. at least get the legal threats started. be calm, intelligible, and concise; let the crappy seller know you mean business. you've got his home address, right? if it was a PO Box, you should be able to contact the Post Master General's office (or someone similar), and request the owner's information and address regarding your claim.

abe m.

If you sent a money order, you have his name and address. What he did was illegal and you can press charges against him. Do that.

If someone "stole" the ebay account and posted a phony auction, I would think that ebay would be interested in helping you persue the matter instaed of hanging you out to dry. That sort of thing is bad for business.

Sux to be screwed man. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fuel37

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Fuel37
PEI, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date