Broke my Windshield at the show today.

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Calif
OK, it's the principle of time dilation and length contraction! What IS a speed? Like miles per hour, so a distance over a time. If the velocity of light is a fixed constant the time and or length must be changing, and they are!! The time and length change.

WTF are you talking about ?

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I just today gained access to one of the most powerful and effective tools ever! A BUNCH OF MONEY! Yep, that's right, my BIG inheritance, in 34 different stocks and investments. I instructed my financial advisor to sell off $150,000 worth to buy this house and do some other good work! No I am NOT gonna do all this work myself because now more than ever I can PAY experts to!
What have YOU done with YOUR money lately?

John Kuthe...
Money doesn't fix a stupid person.

BSchrowang

Budget Builder
Apr 24, 2016
Peru Illinois
It's a thought experiment the way Einstein modeled Relativity.And in our thought experiment the spaceship has very powerful headlights.
So what do you think happens? Yep. the light moves at the speed of light away from the spaceship, Right? But the spaceship itself is moving at 0.8 times the speed of light, right?

But it's Relativity, so the speed of the headlight light is moving AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT (it's a constant, remember?) as measured either by the person IN the spaceship or a fixed observer measuring also the speed of the spaceship at 0.8 tenths the speed of light!

How is that possible? ;-)

John Kuthe...
The light moves at 186,000 miles per second (assuming a full vaccum) and the spaceship is traveling at. .8 the speed of light, c , so the spaceship is traveling at 148,800 miles per second. So the person in the spaceship sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. The bystander will see the light travel at 186,000 miles per second and see a spaceship following the light at 148,800 miles per second. So the bystander and the spaceship will notice the light pull away from the ship at 37,200 miles per second but the bystander will the both the light move and the spaceship move while the spaceship only sees the light move since it has no point of reference. But assuming the human eye can see a candle at 30 miles unaided i would assume that light at 3000 miles in space would be beyond the comprehendable distance so your brain would have .1 seconds to notice the light change and by that time your reaction time for a visual is .25 seconds, you would notice nothing unusual. That good 'nough for ya johnny boy?

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 9, 2016
Missouri
The light moves at 186,000 miles per second (assuming a full vaccum) and the spaceship is traveling at. .8 the speed of light, c , so the spaceship is traveling at 148,800 miles per second. So the person in the spaceship sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. The bystander will see the light travel at 186,000 miles per second and see a spaceship following the light at 148,800 miles per second. So the bystander and the spaceship will notice the light pull away from the ship at 37,200 miles per second but the bystander will the both the light move and the spaceship move while the spaceship only sees the light move since it has no point of reference. But assuming the human eye can see a candle at 30 miles unaided i would assume that light at 3000 miles in space would be beyond the comprehendable distance so your brain would have .1 seconds to notice the light change and by that time your reaction time for a visual is .25 seconds, you would notice nothing unusual. That good 'nough for ya johnny boy?
False! Here "sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. " The speed of light is constant, independent of the frame of reference of the observer! That's what Relativity means!

c = 3x10^10 cm/sec, etc.

John Kuthe...

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
False! Here "sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second since that is how much faster the light is than him. " The speed of light is constant, independent of the frame of reference of the observer! That's what Relativity means!
c = 3x10^10 cm/sec, etc.

John Kuthe...

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
OK, it's the principle of time dilation and length contraction! What IS a speed? Like miles per hour, so a distance over a time. If the velocity of light is a fixed constant the time and or length must be changing, and they are!! The time and length change.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
So the person in the spaceship sees the light move at a speed of 37,200 miles per second
According to Einstein the speed of light remains the same, distance and time will change.

Of course that has nothing to do with the IGNORE FEATURE on this site.

The_Quiet_One

CarAudio.com Elite
Sep 6, 2009
Sprocket
c = 3x10^10 cm/sec, etc.

John Kuthe...
How is this even relevant to the topic at hand? If you're going to play troll ball at least do it right and really get into the grit of spacetime topology. Can you even tell me one exact solution to the field equations?

On a relevant note:

Setup looks loud! Loudest Sienna in the World maybe?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
How is this even relevant to the topic at hand? If you're going to play troll ball at least do it right and really get into the grit of spacetime topology. Can you even tell me one exact solution to the field equations?
On a relevant note:

Setup looks loud! Loudest Sienna in the World maybe?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
eventually when i swap to full lithium and some ultra cap banks maybe in december when i save up enough. Then next year will be two bass 40ks Just for those 5 second burps... not gonna use anywhere close to max at daily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds