Brief site outages

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sorry everyone! The server went down afterhours and the host failed to let us know and take action to repair what was wrong. I’ve taken action to ensure if this happens again, then they will take immediate action to get the site back up as quickly as possible. It was just a worse case scenario. Again, my apologies!

I figured the hamster running the site finally died.

hamster.jpg

Last edited:
The way things are setup now, if the site goes down at anytime it alerts the hosting company to take action ASAP. I had assumed that this was the case earlier. What I get for assuming things :LOL:

Has anyone been receiving posting errors or issues with the site?

Also, a heads up, google is still not accepting the site as being a helpful "car audio" site, so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until the they completely remove all search links linking here. Not a good situation to be in and I'm sure by now you've noticed the huge traffic drop the past 6 months, that is only getting worse daily. Sorry guys! I've done all I know to do at this point. google never releases the exact reasons they choose to do things and that makes it that much harder on webmasters to decipher what's going on.

There are new topics posted pretty much daily, but not nearly at the rate of before the google "helpful content update" last fall. The numbers don't lie either, as the charts show the abrupt traffic declines since that happened. Like letting air out of a balloon. Just a steady decrease in new visitors, return visitors, posts, new topics, etc. It's frustrating indeed. Most frustrating is not knowing the exact cause, so we could try to fix it. Most everything else has been attempted at this point, besides maybe changing the domain name.

There are new topics posted pretty much daily, but not nearly at the rate of before the google "helpful content update" last fall. The numbers don't lie either, as the charts show the abrupt traffic declines since that happened. Like letting air out of a balloon. Just a steady decrease in new visitors, return visitors, posts, new topics, etc. It's frustrating indeed. Most frustrating is not knowing the exact cause, so we could try to fix it. Most everything else has been attempted at this point, besides maybe changing the domain name.
Being TAX time in America you'd think that would help. People wanting new car stereos and bass. Maybe people just have less interest in car stereos these days.

Being TAX time in America you'd think that would help. People wanting new car stereos and bass. Maybe people just have less interest in car stereos these days.
I think it's they have less money these days for "extras"

Last edited:
They cut around half the search links to the site basically overnight and that is leading to the decline in traffic. By either removing them or de-ranking them so low to never be found.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...