• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 482
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

hey, im gettin a new HU and i wanted to know if it was possible to bridge the outputs on it. im thinkin about an alpine 7875, which is 60w x 4 and i wanted to know if i could bridge it to a higher wattage x 2.

I HAVE YOUR ANSWER, IF YOU WANT MORE POWER GO BUY AN AMP. YOU CAN BUY A SMALL AMP FOR LESS THAN IT WOULD COST YOU TO REPLACE YOUR HU, SO WHY TINKER AROUND WITH IT.

im gettin a new amp for my sub but i want a new hu that looks tight anyway, so if i can bridge that mofo, i dont have to waste amp power and ill kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone

Not a good idea to bridge! My cousin messed with stuff and about 20 minutes from his house we lost everything. Come to find out he had bridged it and blew our amp which cost a hefty amount to get fixed. I suggest getting another one.

It's not wise to bridge a head unit unless it specifically states it can be bridged. Not to mention that your THD will go through the roof and make it sound like @$$ at high volume. Also, you gotta pay attention to the resistance of the speakers, if you bridge a head unit connection, you'll cut the ohm load that each speaker sees in half and risk blowing them. Just buy an amp, you can get a 4 channel alpine that will suit your needs for under $200 and you'll be better off going that route. Good luck...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.