Bridging an amp to 4 Ohms, true or false u get less power than it is rated?

Fr0sty51
10+ year member

Im a bit fuzzy on the whole bridging an amp and making it 4 ohms. I hear so many people telling me that it isn't going to be as much power as the box says. So for example lets take the Rockford Fosgate 501s which if you bridge it goes to 500 RMS at a 4 ohm load. How much considerably less the power are we talking since its bridged. Is it in reality gonna be 475 RMS? 450, 400 what? Someone give me some general ideas of how much it would acutally be. And dont just say just because its a rockford its gonna be so much, thats just an example im talking about all amps in general. The 501s was just an example.

There's no cut and dry answer to that. Some companies lie about ratings, some don't. Bridging makes no difference in how honest the ratings are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.