Brand New Zed Kronos!! $250/OBO Or Trades

Item(s) for Sale: Zed Kronos With Less Than 1 Hour Play Time On It. (Read Description below carefully , LOL.)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Cosmetics : 10/10 , Mechanical : ??

Here is the deal , my brother bought it new along with a Leviathan. We hooked it up (2/0 , Big 3 , Knu Distro , 4 GA from distro to amps , 10 gauge to subs) , and within 5 minutes it would go into protect (no heat , just protect). This was on a 4 ohm load bridged running a pair of 10D4 DCON's. We contacted steve mantz directly , he said it was due to the impedance curve of the subs , so he said he would "adjust the overcurrent protection" , and since we had to send the leviathan in anyways (1st run , had the popping issue) we figured we would have him "fix" the kronos too. Well , when we got it back i inspected it , and found 4 uninsulated jumper wires added , and a diode added. But i figured this is steve mantz "the legend" here so lets give it a test run. I hooked it up in my buick , 4 ohm load bridged , and within 5 minutes it did it again. So we unhooked it and said to hell with it. Brother put it on ebay , when the buyer got it , he said it was stuck in protect (no scamming , we marked the board and documented the serial numbers) , he was refunded and here the amp sits. Played with it a little and removed zeds jumper's , got it to come out of protect , but still no output. Here is some pics and also a video of it when it miraculously came out of protect.

As it sits , me and my brother are permanently turned off from any zed products , just trying to recoup some losses. I'm sure it can be fixed , i just don't have the time or patience.

Price: $250/OBO , Don't be afraid to make offers , And i may be able to cover cash to my brother so dont be afraid to throw up some trades too.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: However you want it shipped

Item Pictures:

VIDEO HERE : http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h359/stanky1219/?action=view&current=64cc8f53.mp4

a4d6e0f4.jpg
8c5149e3.jpg
4d56fba7.jpg
0f914a90.jpg

Why not send it back & have it fixed?
Because i sent it back once and it came back with bare jumpers and the same issues. I don't wanna waste my money shipping it back and forth. I'm through with zed audio. If it's not his 90's-early 2000's work , i want no part of it.

Sorry to hear that. He currently has my autotek bts for the second time. Hoping he gets it all fixed. He's getting old.
To make matters worse , when the "pop/dead channel" fiasco happened with all the 1st run leviathans , he hired a bunch of techs to pick up the slack. So who knows who actually is touching your "one-time" masterpiece. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Sad , because if i have ever been a nuthugger it has been to 3 companies......Mobile ES , ZED , And Just Recently SSA.

To make matters worse , when the "pop/dead channel" fiasco happened with all the 1st run leviathans , he hired a bunch of techs to pick up the slack. So who knows who actually is touching your "one-time" masterpiece. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Sad , because if i have ever been a nuthugger it has been to 3 companies......Mobile ES , ZED , And Just Recently SSA.
Yea, but when I went to his shop, and everytime I call, I deal directly with him. I think that was just because of the recall. But my amp was going straight into protect too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif if he charged u to fix it, get your money back.

Yea, but when I went to his shop, and everytime I call, I deal directly with him. I think that was just because of the recall. But my amp was going straight into protect too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif if he charged u to fix it, get your money back.
He did not charge , but i believe my brother paid for shipping. Maybe i will call him tomorrow and ask about a repair , then when i get it back repaired i will sell it.

He did not charge , but i believe my brother paid for shipping. Maybe i will call him tomorrow and ask about a repair , then when i get it back repaired i will sell it.
Sounds like a plan, or wait for me to get mine back... But yes, he charges shipping to him no matter what, then if it is his fault or whatever on the repair he pays shipping back.

Response from steve , i don't have the money to do this , but any potential buyers this is what you are looking at for a repair.

We do not have spare PCBs but of course can repair the amplifier.

Rough guess without seeing the amplifier $125-150 + return freight.

Regards

Steve Mantz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.