Brand new radio, 2 amps, and still not working. Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bluebullet1004

I have my radio hooked up to a four channel amp that runs my front speakers and my sub. A few months ago the front speakers and sub starting cutting out for some reason. I've checked all the connections and the radio is practically brand new. I know it's not the speakers that's the problem because when the problem first started, I could hit or kick my amp and they would all come back on, which at this point doesn't even work anymore. I thought it was my amp had gone bad because I don't even know how old that thing is, so I replaced it it with a new polk audio amp today and they're still not working. I checked the wires and I know the amp is getting power, is grounded, and the remote wire is working fine. Power's coming in fine, but not going out. Which leads me to believe it could be the the RCA inputs but I don't know. But really, I bought the car with this setup already hooked into it so I really don't know exactly how old anything is, besides my new radio and amp, or where the wires or run or any of that important stuff. Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to troubleshoot it to figure out what's the issue or anything would be greatly appreciated!

How old are you RCA cables?

Oh I see already in the car.....What like d of head unit and anyway to run a RCA back there to try that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.