box type???

hiloracerboy84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok, if i decide to run the two infinity perfects (12") with 600 rms to each, what type of box should i be using. i want to go with sealed, for sound quality, but was wondering if i should get two separate boxes, one dual 12 box, or a chambered dual 12 box...besides sq, i also want a decent amount of spl....what type would suite me best

thanks guys:)

well each sub requires 1 cu ft of air space so you would prolly need a 1.25 cu ft box to take into account the disp of the speaker. and you should get a dual sub box. go to http://www.speakerhole.com they have really good boxes really cheap. and all of the boxes that have for 2 12's are dual chamb and that is what you would want.

One thing about the perfects and 600 a piece.. They bottom out in a 1.25^3 enclosure..they go a bit lower but try to find one closer to 1 foot it will provide enough tension (pressure) behind the basket to help keep them from bottoming out..

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.