box seperation

Participant count
  • Participant list

gavlas

uk
Hey everyone, i need your experteez!! Ive got 3 pioneer 1201c 12inch 1000w subs and they came with ther own indevidual boxes but they hardly fit in the boot!! I want to make my own box but firstly i need to know if each sub has to have its own compartment in the bos or can they all use the same air. If thats makes sense!! ta very muchly!!

Sealed or ported box?

For sealed, I recommend you put dividers in the box so each sub has its own airspace. Plus the dividers also act as bracing.

- Steve

i dont know whether it should be ported or not!?!? does it make a difference:confused: the boxes that came with the speakers wernt ported so i presume i should keep the new box the same!! Thanks for your input, much appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by gavlas i dont know whether it should be ported or not!?!? does it make a difference:confused: the boxes that came with the speakers wernt ported so i presume i should keep the new box the same!! Thanks for your input, much appreciated.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
a ported enclosure would give you a louder sounding bass, and a sealed application would give you a tight, crisp bass... ported boxes are also larger and need a bit more skills to make...

a 1000w sub? wow, that's really powerful...*drool*...then again, anything would be more powerful than my old RF's...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Anyway, I would think that a sub that handles such power is USUALLY very loud ( of course, subs like Brahma and W7's can handle more power and is known for their quality at the same time) and it would be a shame to not be able to get the full potential of the subs.

Never presume, ask and judge for yourself. If it's a box you want, Jmac's the man... dang, Jmac's gonna be so busy designing boxes, after recommending him to anyone who's a first-time box builder...lol.. who told you to be so good in doing all these things? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.