Box max boxes?

Participant count
  • Participant list
No you would be restricting it soo much by putting it in that small of a box. I would go no smaller then 3.5 cubic feet after all displacements.

If you want me to build you one, i should be able to match that guys price, or do better, depending on what all you want.

Hmm, well if you could..I'm looking for a ported box w/a base of 20x20 (biggest I can squeeze in the space I've got) tuned to around 40 hz. I've got a good deal of room to go up (i.e..it can be like..25" tall) . Needs to be at least 3/4 " MDF. I'd prefer the sub facing at an angle like this. Lemme know how much you can build it for. I''ve built my own boxes before, but I'm feeling lazy/been busy and this might be easier in the long run.

----

|.......\

|.........\

|...........\

|_______|

An angled front like that may lose some SPL, but if you want it like that, i can do it. If you can come up with your own plans, and send them to me, i can give you a price right then. I would rather have you do thise too, that way you know what your getting. If you can't do the port, just do everything else and i can do the rest. Let me know what you want to do.

Here's what I came up with..It'd have to be EXACTLY 20" or a little less because of space constraints. It would almost be better to replace the 20's w/ 19.5's or 19's.

This sealed would be fine, but how much for a ported one?

Originally posted by Jdg784 Here's what I came up with..It'd have to be EXACTLY 20" or a little less because of space constraints. It would almost be better to replace the 20's w/ 19.5's or 19's.

This sealed would be fine, but how much for a ported one?
I can do a sealed for $60 and ported for $65 + shipping. So i am pretty mcuh beating the buy on ebay buy $10, and i will pry be cheaper on shipping to.

Sealed it is then, ports on the right side would be right against the cabin wall and on the left side would be facing passengers...don't wanna kill them. Would it be cheaper to ship flat? Because I can easily put it together...also, would that lower the price at all?

Originally posted by Jdg784 Sealed it is then, ports on the right side would be right against the cabin wall and on the left side would be facing passengers...don't wanna kill them. Would it be cheaper to ship flat? Because I can easily put it together...also, would that lower the price at all?
UMmm idunno give me your zip code and ill check. As for lettin you put it together, i could do it for $55. Getting everything cut out is the hard part, puttin it together is easy, so im not really saving any strain on myself there if ya know what i mean.

BTW, what would you guess the weight would be....im sayin around 25lbs???

my zip code is 30024...and umm, yeah, something around 25 lbs..check it at 20, 25, and 30 lbs..and give me the estimates. I guess shipped flat it would be a box 27x27x15 or so wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Jdg784 my zip code is 30024...and umm, yeah, something around 25 lbs..check it at 20, 25, and 30 lbs..and give me the estimates. I guess shipped flat it would be a box 27x27x15 or so wouldn't it?
$25 shipped to your door, same price at all weights. That was for assebled, i dont really know how to come up with a box size for a dissambled box w/o actually having the pieces and being able to play around with their positions inside a box. Well, just let me know what you want to do.

Hmm, so it's be 85$ shipped to my door assembled. I might have to take you up on that, let me get my finances in order (i.e...get my tax return w/in a week or so) then I'll get back to you.

I can get you some first thing tomorrow. Give me your e-mail address and i'll send you them, since i dont know how to send pics through this private messaging system. I will try to kinda lay it out tomorrow, and if i can get all the pieces out one sheet of wood, then i might be able to do it cheaper.

Oh, BTW, the Lowe's in my area only carries 3/4 particle board, not MDF. Is that OK? I have personally built boxes out of both, and the is definantely no audible differend and very little strength difference. There may be one other place that has MDF but i will have to check. I know it will be more expensive then the particle board cuz it is a smaller store. Im just tryin to save you some money, so let me knwo what you want to do.

Originally posted by ridered36 I can get you some first thing tomorrow. Give me your e-mail address and i'll send you them, since i dont know how to send pics through this private messaging system. I will try to kinda lay it out tomorrow, and if i can get all the pieces out one sheet of wood, then i might be able to do it cheaper.

Oh, BTW, the Lowe's in my area only carries 3/4 particle board, not MDF. Is that OK? I have personally built boxes out of both, and there is definantely no audible difference and very little strength difference. There may be one other place that has MDF but i will have to check. I know it will be more expensive then the particle board cuz it is a smaller store. Im just tryin to save you some money, so let me knwo what you want to do.

Your lowe's only carries particle board? wow..that's fine by me..I just can't believe they don't carry more. The one by me has just about every type of wood you could ever want. Please use MDF if it's not too much more expensive..THanks ~Jeremy

Jdg784@Hotmail.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.