Box for under Dodge seats

Participant count
  • Participant list

junocdx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
AR
Im just asking for my friend. He is wanting to build his own boxes for his truck. He has an extended cab Dodge Ram (dont know the year, but its the model before the newest ones with the big grill), and wants to put his two 10'' subs under his front seats. Has anyone done this or can anyone give me ideas on how to do it? Thanks

You would have to completely rebuild the entire frame of the seat just to fit the sub under there, then you would have to worry about cubic feet. If extended cab build under back seat, if regular cab you build behind the seat. Ive done it both ways they both work well.

Originally posted by HLLRZR13 You would have to completely rebuild the entire frame of the seat just to fit the sub under there, then you would have to worry about cubic feet. If extended cab build under back seat, if regular cab you build behind the seat. Ive done it both ways they both work well.
If we build it under the rear seats, what ideas can you give me for building the boxes? We have to use wood. Fiberglass and others just isn't an option. Thanks for the reply

Originally posted by HLLRZR13 its multi density fiberboard first of all and second of all its made of wood.
u smoking something son? its medium density fiberwood. get it right or pay the price. but anyways Hllrzg13 have u ever been to edward's audio? i've never been there how is it?

but anyways u probaly won't get enough space under the seats. u could try as hard as u can but i doubt it will happen.

In a truck you cant really worry about airspace unless you want to rebuild and reframe the seats, so you have to buils a box that fits and work with it. And edwards audio is a joke, but so is pioneer so maybe you would like it. personally i go to video kingdom they got my eclipse and jl audio.

u rat bast@rd. video kingdom is a joke. they sell sony and rockford fosgate. then they sell all of that **** at retail prices. pioneer is very good for the price.

r u gonna go to the db drags in kearney this summer?

Wow a mouthy 15yr old. I worked for video kingdom for 7 years and a little piece of advice , if an amp says its power on it dont buy it because its craaap. Now I work on my own doing custom work. Business's like Video Kingdom and Edwards Audio contract out to me to do the stuff they dont have time for. And Video Kingdom In Kearney is over priced and unless you went to Sound FX in kearney you probaly bought your **** online or at Walmart. And trust me pioneer does make some decent head units but according to your pictures you have what they call poor mans car audio. And yeah I will be at the db drags in kearney we'll see you there when your mom drops you off.

I know Kent, mrray132, has a 2001 Ram...quad cab I think...he may be able to help you out a little bit.

Building boxes under the rear seats is actually really simple.

- Steve

Originally posted by HLLRZR13 Wow a mouthy 15yr old. I worked for video kingdom for 7 years and a little piece of advice , if an amp says its power on it dont buy it because its craaap. Now I work on my own doing custom work. Business's like Video Kingdom and Edwards Audio contract out to me to do the stuff they dont have time for. And Video Kingdom In Kearney is over priced and unless you went to Sound FX in kearney you probaly bought your ---- online or at Walmart. And trust me pioneer does make some decent head units but according to your pictures you have what they call poor mans car audio. And yeah I will be at the db drags in kearney we'll see you there when your mom drops you off.
\
hey retard. i am 15. not like i have a job. ur 22 so i'm guessing since u have JL that u have a job or u ripped it off from somebody. yea so what if i can't drive. i have friends. sound fx is overpriced. hey do u know a guy that used to work there. Mike something. he doesn't work there anymore but has 8 10' JL w3s in a neon. yea i did get my **** online. i didn't pay a million bucks like u.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.