Box for a 15" XXX

fury
10+ year member

Indiana
I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me out via aim or something in discussing how to build a ported box for a 15" re xxx. I have the general idea, but would like some help.

Id like to utilize the back part of my trunk to keep some trunk space.

The maximum dimensions for the area I'd like to use are 16(17 if need be)" height, 36" width, and basically any depth (although to keep some trunk space under 20" would be great).

+

I've tried plugging things into WinISD, but the thing that confuses me is how to get my box within those dimensions, and know how much area of port I will also have to have. BTW RE recommends 4 ft^3 and 27hz for SQL box. That's what I'm going for. I have no idea what the port should be for that.. if anyone can assist me via links or something that would explain how much the port area should be relative to the box size.. or if anyone just wants to help me on aim that'd be easier. Also, would it be better to have a port plug to bring me to 27hz for daily driving and actually have the port at a higher frequency for when I want to get REAL loud.

hehatemenwa for aim. thanks in advance

Back again for those of you still reading this thread,

I've got a basic box plan down, but I still need some help with the port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I've attached a pic of what I've got. I plan on using 3/4" MDF (20 bucks for a huge sheet from menards). From what I hear, I'll need some liquid nails, caulking.. what else? My major question is how to get that port to 27hz and what dimensions to use. Here's how it breaks down so far.

17" x 32" x 20" = 6.3ft^3

subtracting mdf thickness

15.5" x 30.5" x 18.5" = 5.06ft^3

Then, I figure the port displacement and sub's mounting displacement and bracing will take me down to roughly 4 ft^3 (if I am guestimating too much, please help me out).

I do not know the displacement of a 15" xxx, can't find it on the re site. I also don't really know the actual diameter I'll need for the sub to mount.

If anyone can throw some input at me, I'd appreciate it immensely. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.