Bout to pull the trigger! 80prs

80prs or CZ702

• Total voters
So what are you going to replace it with?I scanned over the xover specs, I'll look more closely now.

No thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif does my x693 interest you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I have cd7100's now but may try an 80 as well

Forgot to look before I installed mine, and read both ways a couple places: Pico fuse in this or no? I'm going to be pulling mine out this weekend so I can look then if no one knows definitively.
Yep still have the problem

Taylor you sound like me man. All the companies need to up their game in the HU department. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No shit. I mean WTF, Alpine!?!?!? There is like one other HU even in the same ballpark as the 80. The cz702. One? Really? Have you looked at how many HU's are on the market lately? Like... a billion? You 're telling me we can't stuff some active crosses, a 7 band parametric, 24 bit Burr Browns and a couple USB's into a single din for less than $400ish? I'm holding out hope someone has something up their sleeve for CES.

So what are you going to replace it with?I scanned over the xover specs, I'll look more closely now.
Either the cz702 or just forego a damn HU altogether and go back to OEM and add a DSP. Speaker level inputs keep getting more and more attractive to me. FFFUUU noise.

And honestly, the crossovers are plenty good for most folks if you aren't trying to run a 2 way with a super widbander or try some crazy hybrid 3 way front. The biggest annoyance is that the tweeter or "high" crossover only goes down to 1.2khz. Even when I was trying to run 3 way passive/active, that wasn't low enough. And forget about trying to run a full ranger like the HAT L3 or something.

Can't recall where I read it, but I read that the pico fuse was replaced with a capacitor, being more resilient, but still susceptible to the same problem
You got it. Mine is case in point. And I knew about Pioneer's problem in that area. I've had noise since day 1 of RCA install. And my shit is textbook, bitches.

No shit. I mean WTF, Alpine!?!?!? There is like one other HU even in the same ballpark as the 80. The cz702. One? Really? Have you looked at how many HU's are on the market lately? Like... a billion? You 're telling me we can't stuff some active crosses, a 7 band parametric, 24 bit Burr Browns and a couple USB's into a single din for less than $400ish? I'm holding out hope someone has something up their sleeve for CES.

Either the cz702 or just forego a damn HU altogether and go back to OEM and add a DSP. Speaker level inputs keep getting more and more attractive to me. FFFUUU noise.

And honestly, the crossovers are plenty good for most folks if you aren't trying to run a 2 way with a super widbander or try some crazy hybrid 3 way front. The biggest annoyance is that the tweeter or "high" crossover only goes down to 1.2khz. Even when I was trying to run 3 way passive/active, that wasn't low enough. And forget about trying to run a full ranger like the HAT L3 or something.

You got it. Mine is case in point. And I knew about Pioneer's problem in that area. I've had noise since day 1 of RCA install. And my shit is textbook, bitches.

Burr brown is even old tech...

What sold me on the ps8 was its 32 bit dsp.

Even though cd's are recorded at 16 bit lmao...

Dvd's are supposed to have 24 bit sound.

Still it wasn't a burr brown so I wanted it.

My first active head unit limited me with a 5-band parametric EQ and it was one reason I added on a separate DSP. If you have no idea how to tune and equalizer then 5-band parametric is not a bad way to learn. You can get a taste for what the adjustments do to affect the sound without having so much on the screen to adjust that it's overwhelming. It's definitely enough to take your sound quality up a couple of notches.

The CZ702 is built to be a superb sound quality head unit without a bunch of useless frills. The price reflects the difference of what it lacks from the 80PRS. One thing about using it that I enjoy is the huge, solid feeling volume knob. I can easily adjust it with winter gloves on.

Burr brown is even old tech...What sold me on the ps8 was its 32 bit dsp.

Even though cd's are recorded at 16 bit lmao...

Dvd's are supposed to have 24 bit sound.

Still it wasn't a burr brown so I wanted it.
I'm still rocking my old processor with 6 DAC's, four of which are 20Bit Bit Burr Browns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Old can still be nice.

I'm still rocking my old processor with 6 DAC's, four of which are 20Bit Bit Burr Browns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Old can still be nice.
I didn't mean to knock the burr browns, wanted to suggest that these companies have gotten lazy.

My first active head unit limited me with a 5-band parametric EQ and it was one reason I added on a separate DSP. If you have no idea how to tune and equalizer then 5-band parametric is not a bad way to learn. You can get a taste for what the adjustments do to affect the sound without having so much on the screen to adjust that it's overwhelming. It's definitely enough to take your sound quality up a couple of notches.
The CZ702 is built to be a superb sound quality head unit without a bunch of useless frills. The price reflects the difference of what it lacks from the 80PRS. One thing about using it that I enjoy is the huge, solid feeling volume knob. I can easily adjust it with winter gloves on.
I second that on the volume knobs.

The 80's volume knob wasn't the sturdiest.

The p99rs had a terrible volume knob.

For the amount of cash you pay for the p99rs you would think that the volume knob would be a nice solid one.

West.....still haven't checked out the clarion, but will soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Slayerx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Slayerx
Sacramento
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies