Bout to pull the trigger! 80prs

80prs or CZ702

• Total voters

Slayerx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sacramento
I think I've decided it's the HU for me. Will be used passive for a while, but eventually I plan on going active.

Is there any other HU I should consider? the 80prs is as much cash as I'd liketo spend. And I'd prefer to buy new with warranty (especially i fit's a pioneer lol)

I'm really tempted to just keep my x693 and not go active and save some cash. I do not want any external processing.

I think I've decided it's the HU for me. Will be used passive for a while, but eventually I plan on going active. Is there any other HU I should consider? the 80prs is as much cash as I'd liketo spend. And I'd prefer to buy new with warranty (especially i fit's a pioneer lol)

I'm really tempted to just keep my x693 and not go active and save some cash. I do not want any external processing.
Yes. Go for it!

The only other deck I would consider in that price range is the Clarion cz702

Pioneer wins for the autotune.

It is, unfortunately, your best bet in that price range. Unless you want to save a few bucks and get the Clarion. A bit less EQ and one less USB input for ~ $75 less.

Hope yours doesn't have noise! Good luck.

had this deck since the second week of its release.....buy it......i love mine
I knew I'd hear that from you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Have you gotten used to the constant beeping at every button press?

Not getting any noise?

Yes. Go for it!The only other deck I would consider in that price range is the Clarion cz702

Pioneer wins for the autotune.
Ya I was looking at the clarion. Seems very similar, but the 80prs seems worth the few extra bucks.

I love my x693,the xover flexibility and features are great, Just wish it was active.

It is, unfortunately, your best bet in that price range. Unless you want to save a few bucks and get the Clarion. A bit less EQ and one less USB input for ~ $75 less.
Hope yours doesn't have noise! Good luck.
But how does the processing itself compare? The Pioneers pretty impressive imo.

And 16 eq bands vs 5 is a big difference to me

I do end up listening to the radio, so the option for HD radio on the Clarion is tempting. I've never listened to HD radio before though lol

But how does the processing itself compare? The Pioneers pretty impressive imo. And 16 eq bands vs 5 is a big difference to me

I do end up listening to the radio, so the option for HD radio on the Clarion is tempting. I've never listened to HD radio before though lol
Well... to be fair, it's a 5 band parametric. It doesn't translate exactly, but parametric is far superior to fixed band EQ. All of my trouble spots seem to be RIGHT in between the stupid fixed bands. How annoying. The Pioneer does have independant L/R control though if that's important to you.

Also, no sub level control on the 80 in netwrok mode. I just find that incredibly aggravating. And the crossover limitations are lame. 1.2khz? Gtfoh.

Autotune is overrated if you're putting that in the plus column. It WOULD be great if you could tweak it afterward, but nope.

The 80 does charge your phone fast as shit though. Like, as fast or faster than pluggin it into the wall. That's a HUGE plus for me. But every once in a while, the screen will black out while using Pandora or iPod and I can't control anything but the volume. I have to scroll all the way around and restart the app. So f'n random.

Honestly, you can't beat the Pioneer. But the noise problems I am having have finally outweighed the good about it so mine is gone.

But how does the processing itself compare? The Pioneers pretty impressive imo. And 16 eq bands vs 5 is a big difference to me

I have a 9855 for sale if that interests you at all?

The clarion does give you a "q" option to adjust the bandwidth of the eq //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

HD radio is hit or miss depending on your proximity to the source. If you are rural than you DO NOT want to use HD radio.

The radius is about 20 miles from the source of the station. If you proceed away from the source the HD signal starts jumping in and out... it makes the station skip around like a scratched record. But you should be able to disable the HD function if it becomes a problem.

Well... to be fair, it's a 5 band parametric. It doesn't translate exactly, but parametric is far superior to fixed band EQ. All of my trouble spots seem to be RIGHT in between the stupid fixed bands. How annoying. The Pioneer does have independant L/R control though if that's important to you.
Also, no sub level control on the 80 in netwrok mode. I just find that incredibly aggravating. And the crossover limitations are lame. 1.2khz? Gtfoh.

Autotune is overrated if you're putting that in the plus column. It WOULD be great if you could tweak it afterward, but nope.

The 80 does charge your phone fast as shit though. Like, as fast or faster than pluggin it into the wall. That's a HUGE plus for me. But every once in a while, the screen will black out while using Pandora or iPod and I can't control anything but the volume. I have to scroll all the way around and restart the app. So f'n random.

Honestly, you can't beat the Pioneer. But the noise problems I am having have finally outweighed the good about it so mine is gone.
Taylor you sound like me man. All the companies need to up their game in the HU department. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So what are you going to replace it with?

I scanned over the xover specs, I'll look more closely now.

I have a 9855 for sale if that interests you at all?
No thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif does my x693 interest you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Forgot to look before I installed mine, and read both ways a couple places: Pico fuse in this or no? I'm going to be pulling mine out this weekend so I can look then if no one knows definitively.

Forgot to look before I installed mine, and read both ways a couple places: Pico fuse in this or no? I'm going to be pulling mine out this weekend so I can look then if no one knows definitively.
Can't recall where I read it, but I read that the pico fuse was replaced with a capacitor, being more resilient, but still susceptible to the same problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Slayerx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Slayerx
Sacramento
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies