bottoming?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You should hear the bass sounding different, in a bad way, well before the sub can bottom out. Distortion rises rapidly before the cone moves far enough to reach the mechanical limits of travel. Do you have a problem with your setup or are you just asking this out of curiosity?

Just for curiosity's sake, I know with ported boxes it is easily heard but there is also a port that you can hear it out of. So otherwise you would hear some sort of distortion before it bottomed?

You should hear the bass sounding different, in a bad way, well before the sub can bottom out. Distortion rises rapidly before the cone moves far enough to reach the mechanical limits of travel. Do you have a problem with your setup or are you just asking this out of curiosity?
Re: bottoming?

Just for curiosity's sake, I know with ported boxes it is easily heard but there is also a port that you can hear it out of. So otherwise you would hear some sort of distortion before it bottomed?

Re: bottoming?Just for curiosity's sake, I know with ported boxes it is easily heard but there is also a port that you can hear it out of. So otherwise you would hear some sort of distortion before it bottomed?
Yes. It's still the same bass you're used to listening to, just not as loud most likely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Branden2277
Alberta, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
trumpet
1716436519534.png