Boston Pro60s

kingNdaCastle08
10+ year member

ATLanta
well i ordered a set of 2008 Boston Pro60's last night for $275.00 USD

i thought it was a good deal. (was it?)

so im pretty eager to get em into my truck n see what theyre soundin like.

we use the truck mainly for parties n **** like that (wakeboard tower speakers are mounted outside in the bed for good sound outside too). so im hoping they will sound good. theyre gonna be powered by a kicker zx650.4

anyone know if im gonna have to do anything special to the doors other than sound deadening?

im gonna mount em as coaxials. n should they be run active or passive?

well i ordered a set of 2008 Boston Pro60's last night for $275.00 USDi thought it was a good deal. (was it?)

so im pretty eager to get em into my truck n see what theyre soundin like.

we use the truck mainly for parties n **** like that (wakeboard tower speakers are mounted outside in the bed for good sound outside too). so im hoping they will sound good. theyre gonna be powered by a kicker zx650.4

anyone know if im gonna have to do anything special to the doors other than sound deadening?

im gonna mount em as coaxials. n should they be run active or passive?
I just bought a set also, did alittle research on that and most people will say active on here but after reading about the crossovers I feel thats a pretty good set and choose to just run them passive.

I loved mine... I'd bi-amp them if it were me. Gave me much better control of the tweeters without having to ditch the passives.
The B/A passives have a 3 setting attenuation switch (to control the output level). The crossover point is what the B/A engineers found to work best with these comps, and the passives offer tweeter protection. As it seems there have been many here that claim to have blown a tweeter or two, it would seem that the passives would be a good idea for this reason alone.

The SPZ speakers even have selectable crossover slope, and mounting optimization between coaxial, or separate mounting schemes. OK, different speakers...off topic a bit. Just thought it worth mentioning while on the subject of passives.

The B/A passives have a 3 setting attenuation switch (to control the output level). The crossover point is what the B/A engineers found to work best with these comps, and the passives offer tweeter protection. As it seems there have been many here that claim to have blown a tweeter or two, it would seem that the passives would be a good idea for this reason alone.
The SPZ speakers even have selectable crossover slope, and mounting optimization between coaxial, or separate mounting schemes. OK, different speakers...off topic a bit. Just thought it worth mentioning while on the subject of passives.
the pro's also have a SQ1 and SQ2 switch to change response for on axis and off axis installations. and in addition to the tweeter protection, they also have a form of the AMD which smoothes out the tweeter response. boston's alum tweets get some nasty spikes in the upper frequencies without the AMD. if you email boston's tech support they could give you a very detailed description ofhow it works, and what the AMD is exactly (that nifty little "handle" that is on top of the tweeter you use to twist it into the mounting cup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.