Boston G2 15" gonna be ok for rock music sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

scheibler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I drive a 94 honda accord wagon(think large open suv interior). I listen to alot of alternative, metal, rap, and a little techno and want to stay sealed as I prefer SQ(not an audiophile) over SPL. I do still however like to get it loud and feel the vibrations, but couldn't care less about anyone outside hearing it.

I am on the verge of buying a Boston G2 15" sub to use in a sealed box, but want to make sure it isn't a bad purchase. I figure this sq oriented 15" will be able to handle rock well in a sealed box yet still be able to get that nice tight low booming bass.

This is the kind of stuff I listen to:

Rock- Pearl Jam, Korn, Chili Peppers, Godsmack, Rage, Audioslave, Sound Garden, Metallica, Zeplin, etc

Rap- Pretty much any of the new trending artists. Also listen to some older rap from Nate Dogg, Ludacris, Snoop, Three 6 Mafia, Outkast, etc

Electronic- Prodigy, Bassnector, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't bought an amp yet. Figured I'd buy a used 300-400 watt @ 2 ohms off someone. Would like to keep this a low power system and this sub seems to fit the bill for SQ with some SPL. Never had a car without a trunk so figured I'd try a 15". Had a 10" sealed SSA Dcon. It was responsive, but sounded kinda tiny if you know what I mean

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.