boston acoustics

boston acoustics has a sub that is around 600$ that is supposed to hit really nice.the specs call for 1 cu. ft. box sealed or ported. anyone heard?
the reference series witht he removable voice coil? yeah i hear they can really pound and sound great doing it...never heard one though....but for $600 i can think of a couple other woofers that'll be better...

never heard one but it does look cool and the removable voice coil can be changed between 2 ohm and 4 ohm. a local audio shop said 1 hit 141 db. the 1 cu. ft. ported box would save lots of room also.

never heard one but it does look cool and the removable voice coil can be changed between 2 ohm and 4 ohm. a local audio shop said 1 hit 141 db. the 1 cu. ft. ported box would save lots of room also.
and i really like the capsule shape that calls for easier mounting...say under the rear bench in my truck (just recently found out how hard it is to put a sub under there...)...lol..but dam n $550 at woofersetc.... you can get like 2 fi q's shipped with that much money and it'll have warrenty

Sounds like you're referring to the SPG555 subwoofer. You need to check the ported box specs again. It calls for 2.1 cubic feet, not 1. And yes this is definately a very nice driver. 3.5" voicecoil, 3.75" p-p linear excursion... Heads and shoulders above thier G5 series subs, which are no slouches.

actually, i didn't check the specs myself. i was going by a local dealer that had it in a display case at the shop. til now i thought he knew what he was talking about.

Talk to Blue about them. He is an Boston dealer. He made a post about the subs not long ago . Do a search and you should be able to find the thread. He says it is down right nasty.

Sweet, give us the rundown on it if you make it there to check it out. I have been thinking about trying one myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.