Boston Acoustics SPG555

I just went and listened to one in a ported box and it sounded just as good as the two 12 inch G5's in a ported box running off the same amp. I'm thinking about getting it or a G5. I like how those boston subs sound!

I have 1 G510 (sealed) running off the rear channels of my 4 channel amp (175w), until my sub amp comes in (500W) and it's impressed the hell out of me so far. I had 3 JL 10W0's off an 800w amp, and this is almost as loud, but way cleaner and hits really, really low, especially for a 10. I think a lot of it is from cabin gain, but the low notes are very powerful, it plays lower than 2 audiobahn 12's getting 1000W (not really saying much, but still good for 1 10 IMO).

I have 1 G510 (sealed) running off the rear channels of my 4 channel amp (175w), until my sub amp comes in (500W) and it's impressed the hell out of me so far. I had 3 JL 10W0's off an 800w amp, and this is almost as loud, but way cleaner and hits really, really low, especially for a 10. I think a lot of it is from cabin gain, but the low notes are very powerful, it plays lower than 2 audiobahn 12's getting 1000W (not really saying much, but still good for 1 10 IMO).
Did you build the G510 enclosure yourself? I just bought two and the instructions first say to build a .5 cubic foot (864 cubic inches) enclosure, and then the instructions give example dimensions of 11x11x7.5 (907.5 cubic inches). I want to build a sealed enclosure, and the free enclosure design software I found on the internet (AJdesigner.com and WINisd) and they recommend roughly 1.6 cubic feet. Any recommendations? Should I post this as a new thread?

Those Boston subs are money in the bank! I have a G5 12' in ported box. It fits the bill for me in every way. Sounds awesome. Those SPG555 subs are just killer. You will love the sound quality and they sure do get loud!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.