Boston Acoustics G5

blacksatsc2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Detroit
Im looking into getting a single sub and ive been looking at the G5 serious either 10 or 12 inch not quite sure yet there, and right now i havent chose an amp i would like to run either so also maybe give me some input on an amp to run with the G5. Anyone in here using these? If so what are your oppinions on them? Pros and cons. Soon ill be picking up the Alpine 9887 and im running boston sl60's in front and sx65's in the rear with a JL A4300 4 channel. Im looking more along the lines of SQ. Car is a 02 Saturn SC2. Oppinions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brandon

PS... Forgot to also mention what type of box you would recommend. Size and type.

What's the price tag on that sub, and how many watts are you going to be pushing it with?
Pricing for the G5124 which is the 12" version is $319.99 on woofers etc, and pricing for the G5104 which obviouslly would be the 10" is $279.99 also on woofers etc. But i would probably end up buying them from my local dealer. Havent checked the price yet from them. I dont know which amp i plan on running yet, but according to bostons website they say 450 rms.

I have a used Phoenix Gold Ti12D Elite that I bought from Woofersetc about 2 months ago, for sale $265 shipped. It handles a lot more power if you ever wanna upgrade (1200-1500w), and can be used in a sealed or ported box. Excellent SQL sub. D4. Just some food for thought.

Yea i love bostons components so i was really looking to pick up this G5 but im still definately open to other suggestions. The G5 really looks like a nice piece and power wise its more than enough for what i want. I listen to call kinds of music from country, to classic rock, to metal, to some underground rap. So yea i need some bang for the rap and metal but yet i also would like to keep it tame for the classic rock and country.

if you set it up right, the g5's will get crazy loud... did a pair of them ported in an expedition and it broke the overhead console that is above the rear view mirror, this was running an alpine mrd-m605 to each sub. but regardless the g5 is a great sounding sub, doesn't take a lot of power to get it moving, but will handle anything you wanna throw at it. SQ is definitely the priority over SPL in any of boston's subs, but they'll get plenty loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.