Boost Head Unit before Dual amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

divco13

nsb
Factory 6 disc Head unit. Has Bass & Treble slide adjustment. It is Head unit from a 2008 Dodge Viper....... Older amp with only 4 channel outputs.

I would like to run RF - RL - RR - RL. and still power a 10" dual coil Sub, retaining the adjust ablity of the four corners adjustment. All off one single 1200 watt Amp Is it possible.?????

One solution would be too. boost the Head unit siginal to power both Amsp... As the siginal would be weak spliting off to two different Amps

Pic is my 48 Divco

Factory 6 disc Head unit. Has Bass & Treble slide adjustment. It is Head unit from a 2008 Dodge Viper....... Older amp with only 4 channel outputs.
I would like to run RF - RL - RR - RL. and still power a 10" dual coil Sub, retaining the adjust ablity of the four corners adjustment. All off one single 1200 watt Amp Is it possible.?????

One solution would be too. boost the Head unit siginal to power both Amsp... As the siginal would be weak spliting off to two different Amps

Pic is my 48 Divco
You can add a line driver to boost your output voltage

Recommendations ? Just need one to do the job, but not break the bank! ............... By no way am I an Expert in any means. or have clue !......... Thank you for you reply.

Like this ........... Amazon ................https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ld-10

Would I install the to the second Amp, or install right out of the head unit splitting off to each amp ! Again Thank you for the help.

Recommendations ? Just need one to do the job, but not break the bank! ............... By no way am I an Expert in any means. or have clue !......... Thank you for you reply.
Like this ........... Amazon ................https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ld-10

Would I install the to the second Amp, or install right out of the head unit splitting off to each amp ! Again Thank you for the help.
at that price dude, just buy an aftermarket head unit. Factory head units are poorly made and RCA outputs are 10x better than boosted sh*tty speaker level signals.

jvc 340bts for 60 dollars will make everything sound 10x better and make your sub hit properly.

Pic is my 48 Divco
Is it the Viper radio with GPS ?

CRX: I thank you for your help. I do appreciate it !

Here is what I have

#1 AMP Plye 600w 4 Ch 4/3/2/ch

#2 amp Alpine 200w mfp-f200 4/3/2/ channel

The reason for Bootsing Pre Amp signal, is that the #2 Amp has a wire run on 18ft to back of the Divco

Would be using the Line Booster's Pre Amp.. Between Head unit and both Amps as the siginal is split too each amp.

It would be Head unit -Boosters - split to each amp - RCAs from each amp to speakers

Jeffdachef

After Market Head units are **** ugly. No after market radio goes with styling of the Interior. They look like a sore thumb !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.