BNIB TC Sounds 5200 Custom splaudio softs

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Freshly saturated in late 2016 at Sundown TC5200 motor. Black 15" TI style basket with black mesh. QCA assembly. Brand new in box Corey splaudio drop in. Spl surround, 4layer eco high temp 4" coil. Triple dual layer 10" full nomex linear red spiders. Triple fully sewn leads with JY Power 8awg ofc directs. Rated at 5k rms. Dual 1ohm but reads .8ohm on my DMM. Selling cause ill never get around to using it been sitting boxed 4-5 months. No need to explain what the 5200 is. Was built to be powered by an Vital Power 7k and optimal box would be rd 3.5cf with said power. No expense was spared on this sub. $1500 Team sub or the OG and in many ways better TC beast.

Over $770 in receipts...

GUYS I CAN NO GET PICS TO ATTACH ANY HELP YEA..

318/801/201one

Priced $400 or can drop $1300+ on a Team easy choice..

Last edited by a moderator:
I lack the skills to assemble this. What would you need for a completed sub?
Just glue papers or plastic sheet for shim and folder clips.

Its not as hard as you think.

The sub I put a drop in 6 yrs ago is still going strong.

I used rubberized CA glue from a hobby shop and spray accelerant (hardener)

Wish you had 2 of them. BTW, what is the stuff that is inside the hole the voice coil goes in? Does that need to be drilled out? How do you align the voice coil?
Are you referring to the 5th picture? If so, that is just tape over the gap to keep debris from entering it until the recone is actually glued in. The VC is aligned via the use of shims positioned between the former and pole piece (as normal).

I'd like to get something roughly equivalent to the Eclipse TI Pro 15-meaning a high Xmax, small enclosure sub. Would this be that?
This is the exact same sub as the TI Pro with different soft parts (cone etc).

It has the same capabilities as the ti pro.

These subs were both built by TC sounds but cosmetically changed and rebranded.

Hope this helps.

Wish you had 2 of them. BTW, what is the stuff that is inside the hole the voice coil goes in? Does that need to be drilled out? How do you align the voice coil?
Not likely gonna find someone with a pair. I bought one, then bought another when I found it 2.5 years later.

Dont snooze on this!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

disturbed471985

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
disturbed471985
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date