Blown MA Audio HK10ka

captaincheesey
10+ year member

Change is Inevitable
Item(s) for Sale:

For sale is a blown MA Audio HK10ka. It is blown because I was an idiot and decided to wire it to .25 ohm.....DOH! So now I just need it out from under my bed. Looks like mostly just fets are fried. No idea on the repair costs for this, but if someone is interested I can drum up some quotes for you.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

It looks a little rough on the outside, the guy I bought it from didn't take the best care of it. Obviously mechanically it's a 0/10 because it doesn't currently work. Set screws are missing and it seems like one of the speaker inputs is stripped. You can get the set screw to sit if you angle it.

Price:

I really have no idea how to price this as I have no quotes on repairs. So let's start with 250+ shipping for this, and if you want, we can work something out where I can ship it to a repair shop

and have them ship it to you afterwards.

Also wanted to mention that trades are welcome. I am looking to shed some weight from my system within the next month. 8s, 10s, or 12s that are either dual 2, single 4, or dual 4 and do not exceed a combined 600watts rms is ideal.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

This will be shipped via Fedex ground and I get a discount through work so shipping shouldn't be too much depending on location.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Blown Amp - Imgur

^ album of pictures of damage as well as outside of amp.

Is this the MA Audio HK-10KA if so I will give the 115 plus shipping if you can find some quotes on getting it fixed
I repair amps and these have the same output driver boards as the HK4000D and they can not be repaired if the output section of the amp is blown. 99% of the time the driver boards fail when the output section of the amp fails and you can not find replacements. They have defaced IC's on the driver boards.

Not trying to screw up this guys for sale thread but I'm just giving everyone a heads up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.