Blown JL W3

Item(s) for Sale:

1 10" JL Audio W3v3-2 ITS BLOWN

Item(s) Description/Condition:

10/10 cosmetically my friend just got a little slap happy on the gain lol. You can here scratching when you push down on the sub

Price:

35 plus shipping

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

You pay shipping

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

View attachment 26537269View attachment 26537270View attachment 26537271

I threw one away recently cause I was pretty sure there was not much that could be done with it that was cost effective.

I know you can send it back to JL but they charge a lot.

I think I heard that someone is making a recone kit but not sure who.

It is a decent little sub.

dont take my word but im preatty sure he doesnt do anything under a 3" vc.
Not true...however, he doesn't like working on anything BIGGER than a 3" VC cause the cost of parts just starts getting crazy. I don't think I've ever seen a sub built by him that used a 4" coil

After paying the 35 plus shipping, and what ever it would cost to re-build it, I think it would exceed the cost of a new one, unless you're good enough to heat the original seals to remove them and just replace the VC & former, that's a lot of effort IMO for a mass produced W3, but it can be done

i do mostly 2,2.5,3" coils. 4" i have done but wont do like power hx2's its reallly not worth it. i let my customers know if they are waisting there money or if its really worth reconing. im not here to make $ but make subs...

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

it prob has a odd sized coil, can ya measure the gap or get a tape measure really ontop of the gap?

i do mostly 2,2.5,3" coils. 4" i have done but wont do like power hx2's its reallly not worth it. i let my customers know if they are waisting there money or if its really worth reconing. im not here to make $ but make subs... 

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

it prob has a odd sized coil, can ya measure the gap or get a tape measure really ontop of the gap?
my buddy ripped the soft parts out of 2 w3v3 12s 2 see if its atleast a 2.5in coil. ended up being a 1.5 or 1.6in coil iirc. still have the motors in the bed of truck lol

Do not know about the newer w3's but I have an OG w3 here and it has a 2.25" coil.

I would dbl check on the w3v3 size....1.6 dose not sound right for the w3...

Hell, my old 8w6's have 2" coils and I have a really old 8w0 that has a 1.5"coil...

Wow, power hx2's rebuild to a beautiful sub, I have one here that I rebuilt and it's better than it ever was, but I understand the worth part, bout time it was all said and done between lil mistakes I had a lil over 500 in rebuilding it, it was a *****. But will you answer me one the dual inputs for amps, I heard through the grapevein that you're capable of making these @SPLaudio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.