blown amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

redxtc
10+ year member

ok, i have a question for all you amp experts. I have a xm480gtx sony amp (peace of crap, gettin bigger and better when $ is right). but i somehow blew it 2 days ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif which of course was 2 days before the dover sound of tri-state comp. ok, here is what happened, for somereason, the amp kept switching off, the onlight kept changing from green to red, then i would shut it off for a min or 2 and it would come back on. well after about an hour of it doing that, all of a sudden it started smokeing more than a back of blunts, and i got NO noise out of it. the onlight still comes on, but no sound. I took it apart, and the peace that is blown is labled FET 3. How did my amp blow? it was working fine untill all of that. what would cause it to do that, and then blow? i dont know if the FET 3 thing helps any or not, but i would just like to know what the prob was, so when i get the amp replaced, it dont do it again. On the lighter side of things, my boy Matt hit 150.4db in the comp today, and got 3rd place. it was a **** good show. alot of good systems up there. two or 3 ppl blew a few speakers today. it was a good show. i took a few pics of some of the cars on my digital camera, and if someone tells me how to post them, ill put them up. Well thanks in advance for the amp help. P.S. mods, i dont know if this is the right place to post this, if its not could you move it for me, tks

That is a good question where do you get amps fixed at without sendin them to the manufacturer..Or at least a place where they can look at it..

post this in general discussion and take a picture of it and i'm almost positive one of the car audio gurus will be able to tell you how to fix it.

this is in general discussion and i am retarded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.