Bling

Participant count
  • Participant list

kyball
10+ year member

I was just curious to know what all of you think of sound systems. What are you trying to achieve from your system? Do you think it matters if one guy has an amp that was $600+ and the other guy has $100 amp(just an example, you could say subwoofers instead of amps)?

My thoughts are as follows. I want to acheive a quality of sound in my car that uncomparable to that of the person next to me. I don't do it to compete with people but for my own enjoyment. I could care less that dude next to me is hitting 172db and i'm only pushing a max of 140db. I like to think that my car is extension of my home, and i want to feel confortable in it at all times. As for the topic of the cost of equipment, i believe that you get what you pay for. if you buy a sub for $70 expect it to weak and fragil. Yes, i did drop a pretty penny on my system, but it was well worth it. My friends bought all the popular equipment ie; rockford, alpine, kicker, etc. while they were bragging about there New rockford super omega hella cool subs, i did research on all different kinds of equipment, and what each part of the unit did. As a result i bought expensive equipment. I didn't buy becuase it was high in price but more becuase it sound great and preformed spectacularly. Doing so made all my friend s**T look like K-mart products.

This all just my opion, i'm not trying to rip on any one or say bc you paid less your *****. I was just answering the questions.

P.S. n2audio i'm sorry for what i said in one of my previous posts. I was a little harsh towards you. my bad.

i agree that if your not going to compete that the syetem need really only sound good to you. i mean if you paid the money then you should be happy, right? anyway, i've started to spend a decent dime on my truck ( my wife is threatening to slice and dice my cc's and checkbook) and am slowly getting where i want it to be. i don't think that a mega $$ system is the only way to go, but i believe that you do get what you pay for. don't get me wrong, there are exceptions to the rule: some lanzar , audiobahn to mention a couple, but more often than not 500 watts for $19.95 is not a good buy.

that's my 2 centz

Yeah big name products are what they are much because of image. If Jensen or Craig products sound good to you then go for it. Although there are some exceptions, most big name amps are big name amps for good reasons with overall quality being #1 (but image isn't far behind at #2). Personally I am done paying top buck for top products. I've done my research and have found decent products at decent prices. I don't think I'll be looking into Kicker or Fostgate again any time soon. Image is nothing to me anymore...or maybe that's just because I am broke as h e l l right now and can't afford jack squat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kyball

10+ year member
kyball
Wheaton IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from