Blew my HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdelk69
10+ year member

Alabama
I believe I blew my HU. I bought me a set of Kappa (2Ohm) components. I hooked them up to my amp and now my unit sounds like crap! I've never owned 2Ohm speakers before. All my other speakers are 4 Ohm. Should I have bridged them at the Amp??

thanks

Joe

I am running the typical setup. HU (RCA's to AMP): AMP (wires to speakers). The Amp is fine. I've hooked up a different stereo and kept the 2Ohm speakers out of the equation. Everything sounds kosher.

I am running the typical setup. HU (RCA's to AMP): AMP (wires to speakers). The Amp is fine. I've hooked up a different stereo and kept the 2Ohm speakers out of the equation. Everything sounds kosher.
speakers hooked to an amp will not blow the head unit.

Had them hooked up like normal channel #1 +/- , channel #2 +/-, etc...

Channels #1 and #2 are for front 2Ohm speakers, Channels #3 and #4 are for rear 4 Ohm speakers. My amp is fine. I'm running a different HU and put the previous component speakers back up front (4Ohms).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.