Blaupunkt BP260 Play vs Blaupunkt BP800 Play (Dakota)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Columbia1991

CarAudio.com Newbie
I purchased a Blaupunkt BP260 Play for my kid and she loves it. We wanted a basic Carplay radio so she could have the Carplay features and backup cam. It's been flawless. On Amazon the price was $189. The same seller is also selling the Blaupunkt Dakota BP800 for the exact same price. My other kid wants one and I can't decide which one to get. On the Blaupunkt website, the only difference seems to be that the BP800 has a TFT LCD screen and integrated steering controls. Seems odd that they would create a different model with such small differences, and for the same price point. I contacted Blaupunkt and no response. My local radio shops don't carry the brand so they are no help. Any Blaupunkt experts out there?

I'm revealing my age here but back in the early 1980's, it was cool to take a BMW/Blaupunkt and stick it in your car. I have an upscale Kenwood Apple Carplay radio in my car but I wanted something reasonable for my kids. For under $200 the BP260 has everything my kids need. Plus the legendary Blaupunkt name! If anyone can answer the question above, it'll help tremendously. Thanks

PS - I’d absolutely prefer a Kenwood, Sony or Pioneer but we all know the dearth of availability these days and subsequent price gauging. Additionally, the kids are 16 and 17 so any Carplay radio will seem astonishing to them. So please answer the question about the differences between these two units. I am fully cognizant that the brand may have suffered throughout the years. Conversely, my two older kids have had their Dual and Boss units for almost two years and zero issues. The Dual 10”floating screen Carplay unit replaced a problematic Sony AXV3000 so good figure!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.56.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 1.56.59 AM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...