Bl-q

Participant count
  • Participant list
SQ. The Q is a sound quality speaker that gets loud. The BL is more of an SPL speaker, but still sounds good. The BL, with extra options, will take more power than the Q.

Thanks. I was looking at the rms and the price of each and was trying to figure out what the huge difference was. Now another question and I will probably get flammed but sound quality, what exactly is sound quality? I have never heard sq subs other than some alum q's I had a long time ago.

Thanks. I was looking at the rms and the price of each and was trying to figure out what the huge difference was. Now another question and I will probably get flammed but sound quality, what exactly is sound quality? I have never heard sq subs other than some alum q's I had a long time ago.
SQ is subjunctive. It is an opinion of whoever is listening to it. To put it in perspective, the black dude with the donk on 28"s might think the truck rattle is good for sound quality. On the other hand, I think that a sub being able produce bass flawlessly is SQ. Most of the time SQ is lost when SPL is gained, unless you have the money to spend on a really loud SQ woofer. For you, I would go with the BL.

Makes sense. I have seen the sql vehicles at meca shows but never looked or listened to them . I have 2 btl's but I am looking to do something different. like 4 woofers on like 6k or close. But I also am trying to not get huge 63 pound woofers like the btl so I have no clue what to look for.

Makes sense. I have seen the sql vehicles at meca shows but never looked or listened to them . I have 2 btl's but I am looking to do something different. like 4 woofers on like 6k or close. But I also am trying to not get huge 63 pound woofers like the btl so I have no clue what to look for.
You might like DD. You could get 4 3500 and be very happy. That will kill your btls.

I had 2 3515's before and was impressed.I was looking at the fi, rd type places
Idk. I've had an Fi Q, and I like it. I have a DD 3510 right now and like it. I've had an AQ HDC318 and liked it.

What kind of sound are you looking for? Like loudness or SQ or the make you want to cry kind....

I mostly listen to rap and love the lows. I just don't want it to sound like crap. I like to have some quality and be loud too. Plus like I said I want to run between 5 and 7k to them

I had the Bl and it was very loud for what I fed it and well built but generic looking(I wish it had a pink surround) I would get Fi again but maybe a Ib for home use or a Q for the car but never a Bl or the sandwich speakers. The Bl sounded like poop but still pretty good for an SPL type woofer.

I mostly listen to rap and love the lows. I just don't want it to sound like crap. I like to have some quality and be loud too. Plus like I said I want to run between 5 and 7k to them
My DD rapes the lows. It might have something to do with it being tuned at 30 hz, but even if you tune it to 36 hz it will still be very loud and sound good off of say 1500w a piece. I would seriously recommend doing the 3500 series. If in the right box, they will be extremely loud and sound good.

I had the Bl and it was very loud for what I fed it and well built but generic looking(I wish it had a pink surround) I would get Fi again but maybe a Ib for home use or a Q for the car but never a Bl or the sandwich speakers. The Bl sounded like poop but still pretty good for an SPL type woofer.
Are you an HT guy?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

team3d

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
team3d
Fayetteville, tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date