biggest and baddest 18" on the market right now

hey rmz i see you have an expedition, those fords have somthing about them that damper and make them loud as all get out, im on my like 7 system setup in my tahoe and ive sold almost all my previous to owners of expeditions and explorers and they seem to be so much louder, im sure its because of the smaller space in the explorer than my tahoe but they seize to amaze me none the less.

Its funny how un helpful some of you are, honestly. So its official now that obviously i cant expect for anybody not to fight on my threads because its funny i would state somthing like that...
You asked a loaded question. If there was a 'baddest' 18 on the market we would all be running the same sub. You indicate you aren't new to this stuff, then you should realize there are alot of choices, none of which can claim to be the 'best'. If you want reasonable answers, give as detailed of info on what you hope to accomplish with your system, dont just ask for the biggest baddest sub there is. Not trying to be a dick, but you brought this on yourself. Lesson learned for next time, hopefully.

audioholic, i tried to clear that up with my last post stating that i was looking into the audioq's but the more i look the worse they look for what im trying to accomplish, i figured id make this post some subs would be thrown out there and we would discuss them, thats what i was going for this when writing the thread up. And every sub thats been stated ive researched and givin my thanks, i appriciate every thus far just for the record fellas. so let me clear up what im looking for. I have a 2007 tahoe and ive tried everything memphis car audio offers and even plenty of kickers in every different sub inclosure my shop and i can come up with along with more amps than i can think of, my buddy just did a system that is blowing my daily driver setup out of the water, my most recent and the system i have installed at this moment is 4 pr 15's (i know they ****) and a 1500d, i know its a small cheap setup but we were just seeing what numbers we could get out of the new pr's in a 16.4 cu box tuned to 30 or 31 maxing out at 34htz, it hit a little 146.6 on the tl in the kick pod. So not to shabby but my buddy one upped me and did a cut through in his ranger and has put 6 cm's in it and im not sure what the exact box size is but i know its tuned to 34htz and its all being ran off a mcd4000d. ITS BLOWING ME OUT OF THE WATER WITH LOW BASS. im not a big fan of building systems for numbers im more deep bass that hurts you so my next build im wanting to step up to 4 18's on at least 10k with a wall, and considering a double or triple setup of aragi's, havnt decided on my battery choice quite yet, im just running 2 red tops at this time, with the wall i should be able to pull at least 24-26cubes out of it...with all that being said were about to put 4 audioq hdc 3's 18's in a 21cu box in a bronco and the guy will be running 2 hifonics 2600's and just a stock alternator with an aragi extra alternator for now.....So the big question is how do i top all of them, ive just moved so im wanting to do this system by myself under my on new knowledge, he will be helping me build my box and wiring but i want the surprise of all the products.

audioholic, i tried to clear that up with my last post stating that i was looking into the audioq's but the more i look the worse they look for what im trying to accomplish, i figured id make this post some subs would be thrown out there and we would discuss them, thats what i was going for this when writing the thread up. And every sub thats been stated ive researched and givin my thanks, i appriciate every thus far just for the record fellas. so let me clear up what im looking for. I have a 2007 tahoe and ive tried everything memphis car audio offers and even plenty of kickers in every different sub inclosure my shop and i can come up with along with more amps than i can think of, my buddy just did a system that is blowing my daily driver setup out of the water, my most recent and the system i have installed at this moment is 4 pr 15's (i know they ****) and a 1500d, i know its a small cheap setup but we were just seeing what numbers we could get out of the new pr's in a 16.4 cu box tuned to 30 or 31 maxing out at 34htz, it hit a little 146.6 on the tl in the kick pod. So not to shabby but my buddy one upped me and did a cut through in his ranger and has put 6 cm's in it and im not sure what the exact box size is but i know its tuned to 34htz and its all being ran off a mcd4000d. ITS BLOWING ME OUT OF THE WATER WITH LOW BASS. im not a big fan of building systems for numbers im more deep bass that hurts you so my next build im wanting to step up to 4 18's on at least 10k with a wall, and considering a double or triple setup of aragi's, havnt decided on my battery choice quite yet, im just running 2 red tops at this time, with the wall i should be able to pull at least 24-26cubes out of it...with all that being said were about to put 4 audioq hdc 3's 18's in a 21cu box in a bronco and the guy will be running 2 hifonics 2600's and just a stock alternator with an aragi extra alternator for now.....So the big question is how do i top all of them, ive just moved so im wanting to do this system by myself under my on new knowledge, he will be helping me build my box and wiring but i want the surprise of all the products.
Get out of the water, let your friend do your install, and stop calling yourself the "master of bump". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(ninja)

going by power handling is obscure, has no standards and can be very misleading.

Eclipse Ti Pro / TC-5200 still remain #1 for motor force: ~500 N^2/Watt which is a finite measurement of the motor. but sadly they are no longer in production.

If you want something that will be decently loud, sound good, and get low I believe the RE XXX 18's or the TC5200's would probably be your best bet. Sure you can get other woofer's that are going to be louder but I don't think they would match it in term's of how they sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

masterofbump

10+ year member
masterofbump
dirty south
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from