big project goind down

ASDF12345
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
us
this is a project one year in the making. after two protypes the plans for the final setup is ready to go. its no alpine demo car its no db machine and it wont win in a national sq comp but it will be one of the best daily listening enviroments to someone who loves great sounding music. guru's, you know what im talking about. punk ass bass jockeys, you dont know nothing about what im talking about.

all about the high and mid tones.

my existing highs are going to remain the same pioneer top of the line 6 x 9's and 4 x 7's that i have now because i cant afford to replace them at the moment because there are are parts i NEED first.

i will be adding a set of JL AUDIO XR525-CSi components. they are 5.25 jl top end component sets which will be fiberglassed into each of the doors. a third set of these components will be fiberglassed into the forward center console/dash for a center channel for true 5.1 dolby.

for the low end tones ill be running jl 13.5 inch w7 with its trusty sidekick, the 1000x1 jl amp. enough bump to shut up the high school kids but enough quality to really feel a dvd. the sub willfiberglassed into the spare tire well pointing towards the rear of the trunk and tilted up. then the amps will be triangled around the sub in a two teir style amp rack. on the left and right side there will be a jl audi0 300x4 controlling all the highs/mids and the center channel. the 1000 watt amp will be on the side of the sub closest to the fold down rear seats.

providing the rythems will be the panasonic 900/u or something top notch headunit. dvd, cd, am/fm, dolby processing, sq pimp. hooked to that will be a panasonic cd changer. the video will be run by a kenwood 8 inch touch screen monitor located in place of my rear view mirrior. the back vision will be spplied my a video camera in the keyhole of the trunk lid.

the two prototype setups were to determine the best way to mount all the equipment, which direction to point everything, and which way to face the sub, in or out. after trying and testing both ways. i found that a sub facing towards the trunk lid in a car with fold down seats makes a smoother bass sound then when the sub is pointing directly into the cabin. it also produced a higher dB while burping the setup in a friends car.

after all the fiberglass is completed the system will be sanding smooth and everything test fitted with all wires in place. then ill remove EVERYTHING and send the fiberglass parts off to be painted by a local custom shop. paint job is yet to be decide but the air brushing will match the shape of the setup to give it a robotic look. the back ground will be hunter green to match the outside of the car.

like i said it wont tear apart the db drag lanes or kick too much ass in the spl division. but itll whoop your ass and the kidnext to you at hot import nights. even though its domestic. thats right...f you and your honda too.

Sounds like its going to be a very kick ass setup. Hope everything goes well for you with that. Also,, dont forget to get pictures for us.

Sounds like its going to be a very kick ass setup. Hope everything goes well for you with that. Also,, dont forget to get pictures for us.
no doubt on those pics. and nice avatar. ima hafta steal that.

Mmmm W7 ... sounds like a good setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Good luck with everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.