Big 3 grounding location.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently installed my big 3. I ran my grounds all the way down to my skid plate. Those runs are 4 foot long. That was the best option to get to solid steel. An electrician told me the sheet metal that makes the outer shell of the car wouldn't work as well, but that's what most of the instructional videos use. Should i shorten my wires and run them to the sheet metal, or is that a waste of time?

I always ground to the actual frame of the car that is where your battery should be grounded and also the engine block should be grounded which means that's where your alternator is grounded most of the time you can get to the frame right under or around the engine if you look really hard you should be able to follow your batteries negative cable to the factory ground location I try to stay on the same piece of Steel that the factory ground is on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.