BHSAUDIO Scammer!!!

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
BHSAUDIO is trying to scam me. Story is I sold him a 100% working Rockford Fosgate 1500bd (old style) for the low price of $198 shipped. Weird number but it was all he said he had in PP so I accepted. He paid via PP on 1/29/11 and amp was shipped 2/2/11 via UPS. He received amp on 2/5/11 I talked to him on that day and the following day which was a Sunday as I wanted to make sure he was happy with it (he was installing it Sunday while I was on the phone) He got everything hooked up turned it on and everything was perfect. He was happy and thanked me and even left me positive feedback. I finally got around to checking my email this past Friday and he has filed a claim with PP stating the item was not as described and not in working order??? I’m like WTF I heard u playing the ******* thing. So I called him on his phone and left a message Friday. Called Saturday left another message. I call yesterday and no answer but I get a call right back from his number so I am happy cause now we can settle this but to my surprise its his MOM. Telling me that what I sold her son was defective and that I scammed him. She then goes on to say that her son is a minor and that any contract I had with him is null and void. I then ask her what about the amp as he has it and has filed a claim so as of right now he got a free amp. She then tells me that the amp is part of a contract with here minor son and that he has no obligation to return my amp or anything. At this point I was pissed and tried to talk to her like a civilized person but she would not let me get one word in as I would get cut off after every other word. So I simply said that we will let PP decide on what is right and that I would be getting either my cash or my (Working) amp back. She then proceeds to whisper to someone and next thing I know I am talking to his Dad and he is just raging over the fact that I disrespected his wife by calling her a liar about the amp being broke and rants on for a few minutes about how he would kill me and blah blah blah. So I just decided to hang up and talk with PP. I would NEVER EVER deal with this SOB again not only is he trying to scam me the little bastard can’t even fight his on battles and has to run to mommy and daddy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have a tracking number on the amp? Doesn't always work out but 99% percent of issues I've seen like this were settled in the sellers favor when the seller was at least able to prove that an item was shipped and that it was received. Otherwise, paypal typically doesn't get too involved in product condition or functionality unless it was an ebay transaction.

Just call paypal and inform then of everything. Show proof of shipment and that it was received and that you were sent nothing back.

you have a link to the for sale thread ?...most likely the kid hooked it up with 10g power wire and wrapprd the ground around the trunk latch with duct take and fried the power supply
^^ this... and Man thats BS hope you get everything solved dude

That wasn't his mom and dad dude...it was him and his girlfriend/accomplice. What you described sounds extremely typical of an alternate ego.

Do you still have the positive feedback from him? Find a quick and concise way to present that to Paypal, it will help. Remember that they deal with hundreds of claims every day...do you think they are going to want to read through a 10k word essay about the issue, or easily presentable proof? Pictures are much more friendly to the eyes then a large paragraph.

Good luck man, hope things work out for you.

He lives in Oakfield, Maine. Item was sold via this forum and the positive feedback he left is also on this forum. No FS thread was started as I had no plans on selling it. I was helping him pick out a front stage and somehow the amp came up and the deal was made. Amp was shipped with tracking number so there is no question he got the amp. Hell he even admits he got it. But nonetheless I sent the PP agent the tracking number, and SS of the positive feedback he left for the item.

Dave I don't think he broke the amp I think the lil bastard just doesn’t wanna pay for it. I mean I was on the phone with him while he was playing music after he installed it so there is no question I sent what he paid for a fully functional amp. I am hoping it works out in my favor as that money was for my new 1000c4. Lesson learned I guess cause this **** want ever happen again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

disturbed471985

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
disturbed471985
Greenwood, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies