Best way to seal off the trunk?

Most on here will say the spray-foam insulation stuff, but to me that just ruins your car and looks like *** too.

I'm going to build a beauty panel. Easiest, cleanest and best looking route you can go. Plus it will be easier to remove the box if you ever need to without tearing anything up.

i was thinking of doing a recessed front baffle to seal the box from the trunk. then just have that wall of the box pushed up against the trunk opening going in to the cabin.

any thoughts?

i was thinking of doing a recessed front baffle to seal the box from the trunk. then just have that wall of the box pushed up against the trunk opening going in to the cabin.
any thoughts?

Exactly what I'm talking about...a baffle. You gave a better explanation of that...

I'd screw the box to the baffle, which is what I'm going to do...

So making a baffle seems like the way to go. The sub and port will be facing he cabin but what about behind the box with the extra space in the trunk? Does this get sealed too?

Use large gap expanding foam. If you do not want it do permanently be attached to your car cover all the surfaces with painters tape, next wax the tape, then put a trash bag in the area your are trying to seal, next spray the foam into the trash bag. This will properly seal off your trunk and will not be permanent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.