Been out of the game a while. Budget build. Advice needed.

Hey audiobaun- Texas in the house! Displaced texan up here- shoveling snow Sux! Lol! Demi- I had a real hard time finding anything that didnt look completely stupid for my vette (RIP) so I finally gave up and tracked down an older new in box Alpine deck and it was perfect. I dont remember where I got it from, but it was new old stock. They are still around, just takes a little time and patience. I got a new sony in one car and i hate it- sure it will work my iphone, and take the mp3 player input- but the lightshow is awful and distracting when i drive at night. It actually lights up the windshield with flashing blue lights and makes it hard to see. I put a pioneer inthe wifes car- something really simple but low distortion, front to rear fading, aux inputs, and a sensitive fm receiver since she had a 2 hr commute for work and needed to hear weather reports in 2 cities to get to wk safely. Of all of those the older alpine was my favorite- but then i had an alpine back when they were dragging magnetic tape across heads- so the design made perfect sense to me. Id suggest hitting every shop in your area and see what theyve got and tell them you arent interested in some cartoon light show. -J oh and pls forgive any typos- im tapping this out on a small tablet...

Thanks for the feed back. Im trying to run down that xtant amp now. Never really heard of them before. Like the 24db slope xover though. Seems like these actually push rated power from what im reading. I always wanted to try ID, I have heard good things. Anyone else have feedback on their components?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.