Been out of the game a while. Budget build. Advice needed.

Demi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hahira GA
So its been AGES since I post here, and Im super rusty on whats available and what Im finding in my searches isnt helping me much.

The vehicle is a 87 Bronco II I've been rebuilding from the ground up. Im in the process of Raamatting everything. My other car is a race prepped Evo so, I needed something quiet to drive to work. HO alt upgrades arent much of an option, but I am bumping it up to a Explorer alt to cover the system.

Im wanting a modest SQ setup, for mainly rock. I have a Eclipse XA2000 sitting around that I want to use for the comps.

I need help with,

A single din SQ HU that doesnt look like a carnival.

A single sub 10 or (kinda leaning toward) 12. Thinking sealed enclosure for space.

An amp for the sub.

6 3/4 components. Gonna have to come up with custom baffles as the Bronco IIs dont come with door speakers, and I would like to add them. If you have links to how-to's send em.

What i was thinking about, and Im sure these will need some tweaking from the experts:

JL 12W3v3

Alpine MRP-M500

Alipine Type-R comps.

My last system was all alpine type-x. It was great but I dont have the funds to do that again.

Thanks for all the help.

Good luck finding an HU that doesn't look like a carnival (LOL that). I found that the better the HU specs, the more blingy BS the manufacturers use. I finally had to strike a balance and pick a mid-level $200 HU with decent specs to get away from the fireworks and lightshow ridiculousness. Be sure to check them out in person.

Good luck finding an HU that doesn't look like a carnival (LOL that). I found that the better the HU specs, the more blingy BS the manufacturers use. I finally had to strike a balance and pick a mid-level $200 HU with decent specs to get away from the fireworks and lightshow ridiculousness. Be sure to check them out in person.
You aint kidding man, everyone one of these things looks like Optimus Primes brain. Dont they make HU for grown folks? What should I be looking for in the specs? I dont even know how to pick a good one out of the lot. I used to run an alpine that I liked, but budget SQ is what Im looking for, and dont have any brand loyalty. I dont need DVD or touch screen and I hate those big flip out things.

Look at JVC arsenal HU's. I had one that had like 100 color settings. I ended up just reversing the background to white, and the letters are black, I can read it even with the brightest sunshine on it, something very difficult to do with HU's that just display white lettering or any color over a dark background. JVC makes Kenwood or the other way around, great SQ, 4 plus volts RCa's.

You said an amp for the sub? Also components? you need power for those components, 20 watts from the HU will not reveal the best sound out of any component, unless you go with HERTz DSK, or HAT low end model speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.