BC2000D and PSI PLATFORM 2 GOOD MATCH???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was wondering if a crescendo BC2000D would match well with a psi platform 2 18. The sub is rated at 1800wrms and the amp is rated at 2250wrms @ 1ohm. I was just curious if this would match well or if it would cause excess heat due to the 400w difference between the two. Sorry for the noobish question I've been on google for hours trying to get info and I came across a few threads but nothing extremely helpful. This system is going to be a daily system. I have not had a big system in 4 years so this is all a learning curve for me again.. Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated!

I was wondering if a crescendo BC2000D would match well with a psi platform 2 18. The sub is rated at 1800wrms and the amp is rated at 2250wrms @ 1ohm. I was just curious if this would match well or if it would cause excess heat due to the 400w difference between the two. Sorry for the noobish question I've been on google for hours trying to get info and I came across a few threads but nothing extremely helpful. This system is going to be a daily system. I have not had a big system in 4 years so this is all a learning curve for me again.. Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated!
You will be fine, just be careful with your gains dude. We usually use more than the sub needs to prevent trying to make an amp do more than designed, and to help with impedance rise. What type of electrical upgrades?

I love it lol, although I have been getting the itch to do something new. You running that hst sealed?
Yes sir, in a 15 inch double walled cube yielding a percect 1 cuft, after displacement .55 cuft, and it gets down dude nobody believes just 1 twelve then to see thier faces when they see how small the box is. It was an 18 until I got my current car and I had to down size, so I sent it to Nick, and he rebuilt it into the 12 for me. So, how do you surpass a zv5 18 dude?

You will be fine, just be careful with your gains dude. We usually use more than the sub needs to prevent trying to make an amp do more than designed, and to help with impedance rise. What type of electrical upgrades?
The cars electrical is stock currently still need get all that stuff upgraded.. I was thinking of getting a 320amp iraggi with the big 3 an then I was planning one extra battery in the rear.

Yes sir, in a 15 inch double walled cube yielding a percect 1 cuft, after displacement .55 cuft, and it gets down dude nobody believes just 1 twelve then to see thier faces when they see how small the box is. It was an 18 until I got my current car and I had to down size, so I sent it to Nick, and he rebuilt it into the 12 for me. So, how do you surpass a zv5 18 dude?
It just seems so weird to run that much power to something sealed lol. I’m not sure if it would be louder than my 18 but I’m really leaning towards 2 x12’s but run them at .5 ohm

The cars electrical is stock currently still need get all that stuff upgraded.. I was thinking of getting a 320amp iraggi with the big 3 an then I was planning one extra battery in the rear.
yeah u will need some upgrades at that power.. as for the sub i ran over 900rms to a 600rms $70 pioneer for like 8 months no problem.. what does amp do at 2 ohms thats about what sub sees after rise..

yeah u will need some upgrades at that power.. as for the sub i ran over 900rms to a 600rms $70 pioneer for like 8 months no problem.. what does amp do at 2 ohms thats about what sub sees after rise..
The BC2000D is rated at 1100rms @ 2ohms.. Yeah I think I'm gonna do a iraggi 320amp cuz my goal is eventually to be somewhere around 3000-3500wrms. I'd either do 2 12 psi platform 2s or 1 18 psi platform 4 down the road.

The BC2000D is rated at 1100rms @ 2ohms.. Yeah I think I'm gonna do a iraggi 320amp cuz my goal is eventually to be somewhere around 3000-3500wrms. I'd either do 2 12 psi platform 2s or 1 18 psi platform 4 down the road.
It is much better to have too much, than not enough. You can always cut it back, but you sure can't stretch mentality.

It just seems so weird to run that much power to something sealed lol. I’m not sure if it would be louder than my 18 but I’m really leaning towards 2 x12’s but run them at .5 ohm
I had a very reputable fabricator/installer tell me that he would not put my sub not only in a box so diminutive, nor would he have recommended a sealed application. He even repeated as much when I showed him the web page. 2 twelves yields about 226 cubic inches, while your 18 has about 254, the .5 ohm setting, and added coil space-going from a 3 inch coil to 6 inches of coil, may compensate any audible difference, if there is one, maybe? But two zv5 12s would be almost 200 pounds of subwoofer dude.

I had a very reputable fabricator/installer tell me that he would not put my sub not only in a box so diminutive, nor would he have recommended a sealed application. He even repeated as much when I showed him the web page. 2 twelves yields about 226 cubic inches, while your 18 has about 254, the .5 ohm setting, and added coil space-going from a 3 inch coil to 6 inches of coil, may compensate any audible difference, if there is one, maybe? But two zv5 12s would be almost 200 pounds of subwoofer dude.
I don’t think I have enough juice for 2 Zv5’s so I was thinking about doing the x’s. And as far as weight I’m not really worried about that... untill I have to take it out lol. I’m pretty new to winisd but I bet I put them both in there and see the difference between 18 vs 2 12s on more power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.