battle of the subs

so it's about time christmas is rolling around, along with my birthday on the 28th... naturally that means i'm gonna buy myself some phat subs! LOL

first set that i have my eyes on are Re audio SEXv2-12D,

second are Alpine type-r 12's and lastly are a set of RE SXX12D4. - you can find these all on Sonic.

what i'm shooting for is a pounding system, i'm going to be running these in pairs at about 700 rms each.

these will be running off my Re ZTX .3000 amp

i'm looking to upgrade no batteries or alts but i wil be running a 10 farad NVX cap/dist block.

******the main question is can i run RE SXX at 700 RMS each in a 1.85cu box??********

i'd like to know because it's a measly $10 more than the *** for such a huge upgrade. It seems too good to be true.

let me know! thanks for the attention

I am running two RE SEX10D4 subwoofers (the V1 so 600 watts rms not 750 like the V2) in a ported box tuned to 34hz on 1600 watts rms. These things hammer. I can expect that the combination of the slightly greater power handling of the V2 series and the increase in cone area will get you a seriously loud system. Remember, doubling wattage only yields about a +3db difference. So, getting the SXX won't yield you a much louder system than the *** woofers would. I recommend them. However, in an answer to your main question, yes. You can easily run the SXX at 700 watts rms. Also, if you are going to run both of those subs in one 1.85 cu ft box the tune will be very high likely. The minimum recommended size box in a ported application is 1.5 cubic feet for one sub, and therefore 3 cubic feet for two. Might want to reconsider the box.

why do you think i need to shop around? I've been looking a lot i thought but you saying this makes me think there's better for less.

the reason i want to blow a lot on RE is because i've heard of alpine coming unglued from the coil and such while RE is solid made.

also why not go with the SXX? It's so much higher with wattage, has another magnet, and seems to be the more powerful cantidate for only $10 more.

I think you need to stick around here a bit. The re subs of today are Chinese junk as well as the amp 1500 watts shakin down the block ? I highly doubt that dump the cap. Do a big 3 kit instead find better subs and a better amp. Thank me later

I agree with mylows and noloud4u. There's better out there. Read around on the forum and see what's better. To start you out though, Digital Designs, Tantric, Sound Solutions Audio, Incriminator Audio, Sundown, American Bass, Soundqubed, DSS. All shitttin on RE and Alpine.

i'm looking to spend somewhere in the range of $500-700 on a couple of drivers, and an amp. as of right now I have 4 gauge OFC copper wire from NVX. I also have a dual 1.85cu foot box with 16in squared port.

honestly I want to buy a couple of Alpine Type R's cuz they're cheap for two and see how far that gets me but if you guy's want to make me into a god i'll see what u have to say

On that budget I'd do 2 Soundqubed HDS210s on a Soundqubed Q1-1200 or a single Soundqubed HDS312 on a Soundqubed Q1-1200. I'd get 0 gauge wire though.

Is that box prefab or custom built?

Prefab boxes are normally tuned really high and sound like garbage. For daily listening you want a custom box tuned around low 30s. There are guys on here that will build you a box and ship it to you, @Boomsday ; and @cherryman ; are a couple of them. Or if you are decent with woodwork you can build one yourself. Just ask for some plans on here and someone will help you. Cherryman is a vendor on here, look in the "supporting vendors" section, cherryman custom enclosures, does gorgeous work.

my box is tuned to 35hz. according to the specs which could easily be wrong.

i am decent with woodworking and have friends with tools and experience too but i'd like to know how much they'd charge because they'd probably square it off all together better than i will.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.