Bassface spl 12.2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Acke

Sweden
Hey, i've bought 4 bassface spl 12.2 and i'm having trouble calculating slotport area and lenght.

Going for 38Hz

The enclosure is 8.5ft3 without port and subs.

Going to mount the subs with magnets outside of the box.

Best regards Axel

But the subs are reccomended for 2ft3 each ?
You underestimate port displacement. You'll also want to do a double baffle along with proper bracing. You'd want at least a 9.5 cubic feet gross box if you want to do a proper slot port. Even with your current box right now an aeroport will not keep you anywhere above 8 cubic feet net and aeroport setups take up significantly less airspace than slot.

Download torres box calculator while you are at it.

There are no specs of these subs. Cant make a proper enclosure :/

I've got alot of space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just thought that was enough :/

Dont know the best port placement.

I've got a small car toyota starlet kp61 with rearseats taken away.

Figured i should go with subs ontop of the box and the port in the middle facing forward.

Designed the enclosure in google sketchup if you would like to see my idea? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There are no specs of these subs. Cant make a proper enclosure :/
I've got alot of space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just thought that was enough :/

Dont know the best port placement.

I've got a small car toyota starlet kp61 with rearseats taken away.

Figured i should go with subs ontop of the box and the port in the middle facing forward.
No, your car is hatchback, make use of that hatchback horn effect. Subs face up, port face to the rear towards the hatch. You need proper loading, front loading is horrible unless you make a complete wall blocking off the back cabin completely like this.

army_guy.jpg

Defintely download torres box calculator

Here's the main page/tutorials

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

Here's the download link.

TorresBTC

You need to get the numbers right before you start drawing stuff up to be honest.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.